Will this bring DCI back to Orlando?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should hold the Orlando show at UCF's Brighthouse Stadium.

Amen to that brother!

I loved going to DCI Championships in Orlando.

There was no problem finding a good hotel.

There was lots of non-drum corps things to do.

Lots of resturaunts

Two bad points:

Humidity

stadium wasn't very close to restaurants ( But they did have the bar b que guy at the stadium.)

i went to hs and college in florida, and i aged out in orlando.

i'd be happy if drum corps never returned there. the whole stadium area is awful. in fact, most of orlando proper is pretty awful.

if you must have a mid-florida show, i say try for raymond james over in tampa, which is a beautiful stadium and just 90 minutes from orlando.

Sure it will, probably next year.

LOL!!

Okay, but...

...will the FANS return to Orlando??

LOL!!

Okay, but...

...will the FANS return to Orlando??

I'll say definitely yes considering the last year at the Citrus Bowl had a HUGE turnout with most of them staying just to watch standstills despite the rain...I'm pretty sure FL has a market!

I have corresponded with a DCI employee on a couple of occassions who was negative towards holding a drum corps show in Florida and I do think that it is a shame. They cited problems that dated back to the 1980's and the "trouble" it is for drum corps to go to Florida as if humidity and rain do not happen anywhere else throughout the summer. If you want to confine the activitiy to a specific region then that is not a positive to way maintain your product. I would like to see a combined DCI and DCA show in Tampa or Orlando as we now have two DCA corps. If the details surrounding the housing, location of the show, and other issues were a major problem with a show in Orlando, look at the show coordinators. Who handled that task?

The only part of the Orlando show I remember enjoying was the kettle corn. :tongue: