DCP's 2003 Drum Corps Review Contest!

Guest GeorgeD

Guest GeorgeD

DCP's 2003 Drum Corps Review Contest!

Last summer - Drum Corps Planet sponsored the 2002 Drum Corps Review contest - and the site was literally flooded with hundreds of show reviews!

Last year's winning author - dcp member "Lynkin" (Tim) - is already out of the 2003 running - as he will be spending this season marching with the Phantom Regiment as a first year member. His review, "My First Show", became one of the most popular reads in the history of our site... reminding us all of the thrills and chills our first live drum corps experience!

Tim selected as his prize his very own copy of the 2002 DCI World Championship Finals DVD - and reportedly nearly wore out his DVD player rewatching it so many times!

For this year's contest - all you have to do to be entered is write a contest review and post it in our review forum or email (office@drumcorpsplanet.com) it to our office. Reviews need to have been posted or e-mailed to us within five days of the contest date in order to qualify. All show or camp reviews posted between March 1st and Sept 5th 2003 will be considered.

Once you've entered your review - it will be considered by our DCP membership for nomination starting October 13th. Then, our top ten nominated reviews will go up for vote on October 22nd! On Monday, November 3rd, the winning entry will be announced.

Just like last summer, DCP is offering the first place winner their choice of the DCA or DCI championship DVD from this year's finals! So get those notepads ready - and submit your reviews as often as possible throughout the season.

And be sure to read our DCP's popular Review Foum for all the latest and greatest show reviews this summer.

Thanks & good luck!

George Dixon

Founder

DCP

To read last years winning entry - click here

• 4 months later...

Okay, here's the details on nominating reviews:

You can start nominating reviews on Monday, October 13th. To nominate a review, send an e-mail to:

contest@drumcorpsplanet.com

In the e-mail, please try to remember to include the URL of the page with the review (just copy the address in your browser window), or at least try to give me enough information on it so that I know which review you're talking about! :)

Reviews need to have been posted or e-mailed to us within five days of the contest date in order to qualify. All show or camp reviews posted between March 1st and Sept 5th 2003 will be considered.

Nominations will close on Tuesday, October 21. On Wednesday, October 22, a poll will go up that includes the top 10 nominated reviews, and links to them so you can read them in all of their glory. Once you've read them, use the poll to vote for the one you think's the best.

Voting will close on Friday, October 31st at the end of the day. (midnight)

On Monday, November 3rd, the winning entry will be announced.

So start persuing the Show and Event Reviews forum, and determine which reviews you want to nominate. And yes - you can nominate yourself! :)

If you have any questions, you can e-mail me or just hit the PM button under this post!

Thanks, and good luck!

Mike

This is my first whoring experience. I'm kind of alarmed at how easily it comes to me...

I've been watching you whore for years, Jeff, of course I'm gonna pick up on how it's done. :P