Switching corps

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

St Joes folded in 1971...I went to Purple Lancers...folded in 1974...DCA Phoenix folded...1977...every three years another corps folded.

So Empire is pretty much the only corps you haven't broken up yet, huh?

Yet!

"Switching Corps"

Corps folded. :thumbup: We had started as a "Break Away" corps from a "Parish" corps. When the manager was fired, many of the parents took their kids out and went to his "New Corps". :ph34r:

We had also recieved several female members from another accross town Parish corps when they kicked all their girls out. :ph34r:

Elphaba

Never a bad thing for a young boy to get the girls a church has kicked out...

As daft as it may sound, I did not "choose" the Freelancers... The Freelancers chose me. From rehearsal number one, I knew I was "home". Never changed, even though I had opportunities.

after a year with my first corps, i never really felt at home. im kinda quiet, and the whole summer no one ever really talked to me. i didn't make any friends in the corps and felt like an outsider, but i did like the activity so rather than give it up i just decided to change corps. i had heard stories of this "madison brotherhood" so i decided to check it out. i meshed with the guys instantly and would give ANYTHING to be with them just one more day.

I changed corps because my first corps was taking the year off to reorganize. If not for that I would have been back. Both corps gave me great, but different, experiences.

Most of the corps I marched folded, my parents pulled me out of one of the earlier ones because of administrative issues they didn't like....but mostly they folded.

Corps members from the corps that my parents pulled me from did give us (me and a couple others who's parents also pulled them) a hard time the next season....but, that really just cemented my feelings that I was in a better place.

Most of the corps I marched folded, my parents pulled me out of one of the earlier ones because of administrative issues they didn't like....but mostly they folded.

Corps members from the corps that my parents pulled me from did give us (me and a couple others who's parents also pulled them) a hard time the next season....but, that really just cemented my feelings that I was in a better place.

You were definitely in a better place.

Never a bad thing for a young boy to get the girls a church has kicked out...

:ph34r: