Buglers Hall of Fame

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have the scores for the rest of the Mini Corps?

They were all gathered in different parts of the country - West Sayville scared away the competition. Shame too, as it was a nice venue for mini-corps.

Next year I hope more come out.

Listen everyone.....NO disrespect to any of the judges that were there, because I respect the crap out of the 2 judges....

But......

......I take these scores with a grain of salt.

There was NO WAY we deserved the scores that were given to us.

Judge 1 gave us a 99 in the top box, and a 99 in the bottom box.

Judge 2 gave us a 95 in the top box, and a 95 in the bottom box.

This is APRIL folks!!!!!!

I asked for honest scores for my corps, as we were the only mini corps in competition, and this is what I received.

I really appreciate their very positive comments on the sheets, but did we deserve these scores?

In my opinion, NO.

It is WAY too early for ANYONE to score like this in April, I don't care who you are!!!!

I really wanted Mass Brass and Capital Brass to compete in this show. I am real sorry they couldn't......the BHOF really missed out on 2 GREAT Mini Corps!!!!!

Just sayin.... <$1 to MelloGene>

Listen everyone.....NO disrespect to any of the judges that were there, because I respect the crap out of the 2 judges....

But......

I asked for honest scores for my corps, as we were the only mini corps in competition, and this is what I received.

I really appreciate their very positive comments on the sheets, but did we deserve these scores?

In my opinion, NO.

It is WAY too early for ANYONE to score like this in April, I don't care who you are!!!!

I really wanted Mass Brass and Capital Brass to compete in this show. I am real sorry they couldn't......the BHOF really missed out on 2 GREAT Mini Corps!!!!!

So Frank.. what are you saying?

The Scores should have been higher?

You may be overly inspried by Joe Genero's daughter's speech.

It's okay though - Joe would be trying to get those last 5 points too!

I don't know, though... I thought the scores were just about right... I'm just saying...

LOL...I am sure they deserved their score.

I am serious though, bragging rights for ERIE are out the window...I never have to hear Cheese again...thanks Frank!!!!!

OK,......firts off,...it's CheeZ......with a Z Captain Penguin.

Second,...noone competed against them(golden eagles).

Third,........this competition wasn't the BIG SHOW(DCA MINI CORPS CHAMPIONSHIP)!

And lastly,.....it was NICK(ya know capt. Penguin,.....your boy Nicky) who would always throw that in your face,......not me.

Bragging rights for lil ol" ERIE out the window?.......heh,......I think not.

Congrats to the Golden Eagles for winning a contest,......with no competition! LMFFAO!!

So Frank.. what are you saying?

The Scores should have been higher?

You may be overly inspried by Joe Genero's daughter's speech.

It's okay though - Joe would be trying to get those last 5 points too!

I don't know, though... I thought the scores were just about right... I'm just saying...

Thanks for the kind words Ray, really!!!

But we were scored too high IMHO....

We did have a good show, but not good enough to earn those scores.

And Cheez......BACK OFF!!!!! :laughing:

I really wanted Mass Brass and Capital Brass to compete in this show. I am real sorry they couldn't......

We originaly had plans to compete in the Mini-corps caption in both Boston and Bridgeport. We learned a completely new Mini-corps show, in February, which we performed at Auburn. But, we're a small group. And among others, our lead trumpet, drummer and 2nd bari all had conflicts for both dates.

This is why we put together 3 brass ensemble entires instead, with small-group arrangements we could cover with one bari and no drums. If we were down to a trio, it would have been disfferent pieces, I guess.

Edited by capitalbrass

Cheez whiz...I didnt know he would react like that!

But......

In my opinion, NO.

Hey Frank,

Congrats to you and the Eagles on your historic win! :tongue:

Seriously, I heard youse guys did a nice job, and wish that Mass Brass could have been there to offer you a bit of competition. :laughing:

Mass Brass thoroughly enjoyed performing in the Boston BHOF regional in March, but unfortunately more than 3/4 of our group had already committed to play with the Legends of Drum Corps Alumni in support of the Massachusetts Drum Corps Hall of Fame held the same day.

Hopefully next year this scheduling conflict can be avoided - I'm fairly certain that the MADCHOF has already announced their 2011 date as 4/23/11 :laughing:

Are the Eagles performing at the BSGK show on May 15th? Should be a good one...

See you soon!