Just curious

Just out of curiousity from those of you who have marched, since we live in a day and age where driving from TN to i dont know Iowa isnt a big deal anymore. Does that mean now certain corps attract certain personalities? Oh and 2nd question, today may 1st I was trying to subscribe to DCI fancast, for some reason the option to subscribe to anything when I click on it, there's nothing to select, I'm a young DCI Addict, and I need my drum corps videos, any idea when I should be able to order? Could there be a thing called DCIAA???

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

read the other threads about the DCI online coverage. You will be able to sign up for the 2010 season on May 19

Check out our menu of offerings for 2010:

Premium w/Blu-Ray Disc $169 includes: Top-12 Blu-Ray Disc, Finals VOD, All Live Webcasts, 1974-2010 VOD, 5% discount on downloads

Premuim w/SD DVD $149 includes: Top-12 DVD, Finals VOD, All Live Webcasts, 1974-2010 VOD, 5% discount on downloads

Plus $59 includes: All Live Webcasts, 1974-2010 VOD, 5% discount on downloads

Basic $39 includes: 1974-2010 VOD

At the ground level, the people that march in every corps are individuals. They are molded into what the corps wants. Just as an example, the Cadets are known for being super serious. But, that is their vibe in uniform. It's not like the Cadets aren't allowed to smile for the entire summer. Corps definitely have on the field personalities, and I think it is fair to say that they have off the field personalities as well, keeping in mind that there will always be a variety of people in any given corps.

Does that mean now certain corps attract certain personalities?

I'd say to a point, yes. Example: Cavaliers are known to be more laid back, while still maintaining an incredible work ethic, so that attracts a certain type of person.

I'd say to a point, yes. Example: Cavaliers are known to be more laid back, while still maintaining an incredible work ethic, so that attracts a certain type of person.

wonder what Blue Devils were... at my directors old school apparently they tried to set the gym floor on fire... oh blue devils :tongue:

wonder what Blue Devils were... at my directors old school apparently they tried to set the gym floor on fire... oh blue devils :tongue:

Blue Devils are the rock stars. They have that super aggressive wild side to them. They just ooze ######!

Blue Devils are the rock stars. They have that super aggressive wild side to them. They just ooze ######!

Well that word has more letters than the word I'd use there :) ZING!!

But seriously folks, it seems like that Cavies impression is correct? BD's impression is smooth and cocky. Cadets is a bit stiff and a little too serious. SCV seems a bit... patriarchal, maybe?

I have always seen the Madison Scouts as the rowdy, "I'm just one of the guys", and I handle my stuff kind of fellas. They always seem to have fun on and off the field and from the guys I met last season in Indy, they are great guys. :tongue:

Impressions I got from being around certain corps when I marched/was on staff:

BD- laid back but super serious about what they do on the field.

Cavies- not as laid back as BD, but still pretty chill. Kind of nerdy in a cool sort of way.

Cadets- very serious about everything from visual technique to how they tie their shoes. Greatest attention to detail.

Phantom- tight #####. They always seemed to perform like a corps that is terrified of making mistakes and I think that held them back. Very stuck on themselves in a bad way. They always seemed to give themselves a lot more credit that anyone else.

SCV- "We're ###### MFers because we march at SCV. We will think so regardless of how good we are that year." And I love that about them.

Bluecoats- The little brother corps that is trying desperately to be noticed. They've put out some good shows over the years, but that is the impression I get.

Crown- We're the greatest thing since sliced bread. Just ask us.

Boston- Cadets- light.

I could go on but I'm tired of typing.