Hello, BD? You There...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting.....I have attended camps...know what they are playing...practices are open to anyone who is curious and still the DCP forum collective does not know what they are doing or playing. WOW! talk about secrecy. As an alumni of the corps I respect their wishes and defer until they officially announce. I know the that the Board of Directors were informed of their show a month or two ago and sworn to secrecy. For those who are curious the TUBE shows a percussion event were the 2010 Battery is playing the "opener" just type in Blue Devils 2010. I am curious about the Cavaliers this year, their selections are intriguing to say the least.

Actually our show is called Drumline: The Movie: The Show.

All the music will be selections from the movie Drumline and we will be using authentic Georgia A&T uniforms.

True story.

All the music will be selections from the movie Drumline and we will be using authentic Georgia A&T uniforms.

True story.

In other news, Mercedes announced development of a concept car honoring the Chevy Cobalt.

I have a feeling BD is more concerned about taking their time to get the show right the FIRST time and announce once it makes total sense. By July, all of those "finished" corps right now will be on their 3rd and 4th rewrites and BD will likely be ten-pointing most of them.

No reason to hate because they have a system that works... I would actually surmise that BD has less overall talent than Cavies, Crown or Phantom, but like great football coaches and staffs, gets the kids to buy into their system and max out their style. It's the sign of a consistent and experienced staff and kids that fit the mold of the corps year in, year out.

Oh yeah, and a business that's run by someone other than a former band director, who actually knows HOW TO RUN A BUSINESS and make money.... It's pretty simple really.... We should be thankful there are still a few corps that actually make money (BD, Crown, Cavies, etc.) and provide a good business model for those groups that are trying to find ways to stay afloat and make it in the drum corps activity.

AND, we should thank BD, Cadets and others like them that we even have shows where you can get a hot dog during their performance. Unfortunately, DCI would be in worse shape if some of the "other" corps we have now were the "business models" of our activity.

I, for one, think the Reflections idea sounds like a pretty simple concept and not hard at all to grasp. Do some cool mirror-imaging on the field with a million different ways of reflecting light and angling mirrors, likely combined with musical reflections of BD shows past. Sounds pretty cool to me and based on what people have heard, maybe the music will be more "Old BD style" and we will all fall in love with the corps all over again... (or for the first time..) :blink:

I don't think that bolded part is true at all, I'm pretty sure it's a fact that Blue Devils raw talent (especially in brass and guard) is almost un-matched besides by the cavaliers (atleast 02-07 ish cavaliers, I'm not sure about now). I know plenty who don't make those two corps but make other top 5 corps easily. Maybe things are changing now though

I heard the whole show is based on "Rocky", with a closer of "Gonna' Fly Now".

True story.

F yeah!!! First place with a score of 1000.00. Is Nick canon to old? or are cars allowed on the field with rappers?

I don't think that bolded part is true at all, I'm pretty sure it's a fact that Blue Devils raw talent (especially in brass and guard) is almost un-matched besides by the cavaliers (atleast 02-07 ish cavaliers, I'm not sure about now). I know plenty who don't make those two corps but make other top 5 corps easily. Maybe things are changing now though

I know plenty of people that have experienced exactly the opposite. Though not everyone has their best audition every time they go somewhere trying out for a spot.

F yeah!!! First place with a score of 1000.00. Is Nick canon to old? or are cars allowed on the field with rappers?

Only if the rapper is 22 or under. :blink: