Teal Sound 2010

I've seen on the predictions topic that most/majority of people think that Teal will be last this year. This is interesting to me. Have you guys not seen there show last year? They had a fairly clean show, even if it WAS 4th place. I mean you seriously think that they aren't worthy enough to even possibly make semifinals? They have grown and been solid for the last 3 or so years. This would obviously be a very big year for them. Wouldn't they just get better than 09... You guys just confused me!!!!

----No Teal connections at all. Just been a fan, and don't understand most people's logic with Teal's placement prediction. :tongue::tongue:

That is all.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this activity, at any level, you can make a lot of improvements, get better, and still not move up a lot. Everyone out there in the top DCI classification from bottom to top does perform with a certain level of quality and sophistication- the bar has really been raised in terms of overall performance quality from top to bottom. It's not like it used to be when you could hear some real hackle-raising stuff in late season from the lower-end DCI groups that could make yah duck. I don't think anyone disrespects Teal Sound, it's more that people are wanting to see how they stack up when they start actually getting evaluated and see how they relate. :tongue:

Don't really think the people at Teal are concerned about placement for 2010, they will bring a fresh new take to the activity. I think they are simply pleased to compete at the next level for many reasons and honored to be in the company of other World Class drum corps.

JVN

Edited by magicdirect

We at Teal Sound of course don't want to be last. We want to go out and have a good year. The most important thing for us is to go out and make a statement to show that we belong on the World Class level. As long as the kids have fun and understand that they did the best job they could then we will be happy regardless of what place we come in. The corps should be better than it was last year and this year is another part of the growing process as the next few years will be.

I've seen on the predictions topic that most/majority of people think that Teal will be last this year. This is interesting to me. Have you guys not seen there show last year? They had a fairly clean show, even if it WAS 4th place. I mean you seriously think that they aren't worthy enough to even possibly make semifinals? They have grown and been solid for the last 3 or so years. This would obviously be a very big year for them. Wouldn't they just get better than 09... You guys just confused me!!!!

----No Teal connections at all. Just been a fan, and don't understand most people's logic with Teal's placement prediction. :tongue::tongue:

That is all.

No worries man, prediction threads are notoriously unrealistic, and Teal is just an unknown quantity in WC at this point.

Well, before Jersey Surf moved up a couple of years ago, and they were still competing against Teal Sound, Surf usually beat them (I don't mean actually beat them with fists, I mean beat them in score and placement :tongue: ). Now, I'm not saying that Teal Sound will continue to be beat by Surf, because even though I competed against them the last two years I'll admit they are a good corps, but that's probably why some people might place them lower than at least Surf.

I do wish the best of luck to Teal Sound for their first year in World Class, and I wish Jersey Surf continued good luck for their second year in World Class. :tongue:

We at Teal Sound of course don't want to be last. We want to go out and have a good year. The most important thing for us is to go out and make a statement to show that we belong on the World Class level. As long as the kids have fun and understand that they did the best job they could then we will be happy regardless of what place we come in. The corps should be better than it was last year and this year is another part of the growing process as the next few years will be.

there ya go..

see pioneer...

That is all.

two things.

one if you look at those predictions you will see Glassmen not in finals for the majority yet they only missed finals twice since breaking in. Two idk if you have been on here before but this is your first post. You will find out that the people on DCP will argue and complain about stupid things. People will get mad and sometimes you will get suspended for a couple days for flaming. Just sit back and watch them all get proven wrong.

More than anything, Teal is an unknown quantity at this point. I don't think they're being "underrated" - just nobody is sure *what* they're going to do.

(My prediction is that they're going to score in the 17-20 range, for the record.)

Mike