Best Tennis Shoes for Drum Corps

Ive marched for three years and still have trouble finding the best pair of shoes for the summer that are comfortable,that breathe, and that dont fall apart..any suggestions?

Edited by cavs10

Ive marched for three years and still have trouble finding the best pair of shoes for the summer that are comfortable,that breathe, and that dont fall apart..any suggestions?

expensive or not all shoes after hundreds of hours get funky and arent good for you. I have always spent less but brought a few pairs to change on and off every few days.

I used new balance cross trainers... 2 pairs each year. I wore one pair most of the time, but if my feet needed a change, I had it available. I tossed the heavily worn pair at the end of tour, but the 2nd pair was fine to keep (though had some spray paint on them).

I used new balance cross trainers... 2 pairs each year. I wore one pair most of the time, but if my feet needed a change, I had it available. I tossed the heavily worn pair at the end of tour, but the 2nd pair was fine to keep (though had some spray paint on them).

Second the new balance. But yeah, i think its pretty universal whatever shoes you get for tour will be dead at the end of tour.

I wonder how many miles get put on a pair of shoes over the course of a summer..

I normally go with some kinda of cross country OR hiking shoes from New Balance and have lasted me. I'd also get some kind of GOOD insole.

Agree with New Balance. If you're going to a New Balance outlet, they have different insoles they can add in that can improve the comfort depending on what you're doing, in my experience something that's well worth a little extra.

I'll add my vote for the New Balance. I used them all 3 years I marched and they usually lasted pretty well.

And also gotta go with the Chucks for old time's sake.

There is a thread on this somewhere here. New Balance 991 or 992.

dry :blink: