Surviving the Summer

As for sunscreen, agreed with others that spray-on works best. As with everything on tour, the quicker you can do anything effectively the better. You wont always have a lot of time to rub in sunscreen but a quick spray takes only a couple seconds. I used this, at least for awhile, until i mostly stopped using it after the first couple weeks:

04110000223_220x220_a.jpg

Does that say SPF 70+?! I could definitely use that stuff in australia. We're the ones with the ozone hole after all, humph..

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ziploc Bags!

+ of all sizes....great for storing wet socks/undies, keeping electronics dry, organizing/separating things, etc...

Extra Socks

+ one of my favorite things about Tour is the feeling of putting on a pair of fresh, dry socks at lunch after a rough drill block on wet grass

Carabiner(spell?)

+ to clip stuff to ur backpack (horn towel, water bottle, etc) It's always nice to have a free hand when sprinting from drill to sectionals.

Duct Tape

+ The possibilities are endless.

Mortar

+ For the times when you need to craft brick walls.

Ruger SR9

+ Always better to be safe then sorry.

AR-15

+ Because an SR9 is just not enough when Velocioraptors strike.

You smell like an xkcd reader.

You need at least one ounce of sunscreen per application

one ounce = a shot glass

most people do not use enough

I quote my old visual caption head "You might be one of those people who say 'Hey, I don't burn!' You might not burn, but you DO get skin cancer."

most people do not use any

fixed

Strategically placing a few dryer sheets in your suitcase really cuts down on summer funk.

Also coordinating with your seat partner on what miscellaneous things to bring (bungie cords, duct tape, window baskets, etc) saves tons of space in the long run.

What I've found great to lighten the load a bit is to buy about 3-4 pairs of runners shorts. These are the ones with the lining. This will decrease the underwear load (no shame on goin commando) as well as the wash load because you can just wash your shorts in the shower.

I wonder if bathing suits (shorts) would be an efficient way....all in one?