off seasons rumors

here's a query,is "black lavender" a name for a designer imposter fragrance,

a story about a gay black drag queens struggle in p-town or a new world class guard from brookfield ct.?

auditions start sept 25th and 26th. :devil:

Edited by dugg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here's a query,is "black lavender" a name for a designer imposter fragrance,

a story about a gay black drag queens struggle in p-town or a new world class guard from brookfield ct.?

auditions start sept 25th and 26th. :devil:

I did hear about that one , but I heard Bridgeport. Either way that was soooo predictable2 years back but now the question is , what will happen to a certain world guard from near prox. HMMMMMM interesting news ahead I'm sure.

Greg and Tod have been involved with the Greenwood program in recent years also. Not really a new program for them as they have been designing for the marching band and Open Class winter guard for awhile.

Ah, thanks for that. Can you tell I've been away for -- oh, gosh, it's getting longer and longer -- 12 years now? I've definitely lost track of all the comings and goings.

Is the band director at GReenwood not supportive of the guard or something? I know their fall program is quite remarkable, but I've not seen the indoor group(s).

Sometimes it's not about whether the director is or is not supportive, but a number of other factors, like whether the program can afford to travel to out-of-state competitions, whether the parents want to spend their resources on that kind of thing, etc. I don't know if this is still the case, but I remember that back when Greg was at Jasper High High School many moons ago, the majority of parents there simply didn't see any need to "prove" anything beyond the state of Indiana, so the band director followed their wishes. I always wondered if, in a circular way, this attitude came back to haunt them during that period, with Jasper's relentless placement as "bridesmaid" every year at state finals.

Edit: Holy cow, this is my 5,000th post! Am I a yappy gal, or what? :devil:

Edited by byline

Is the band director at GReenwood not supportive of the guard or something? I know their fall program is quite remarkable, but I've not seen the indoor group(s).

The band directors have ALWAYS been very supportive of the guard in the fall and winter. Participation in WGI (and even BOA) hasn't been something they have done in a very long time. With newer directors in charge, this *could* change, but probably would not have with the former band director.

who would you pick?

reportedly our three choices for wgi chief judge are sal salas,curtis costanza and phil madden. :rolleyes:

Edited by dugg

who would you pick?

reportedly our three choices for wgi chief judge are sal salas,curtis costanza and phil madden. :rolleyes:

um...hmmm.... :tongue:

um...hmmm.... :rolleyes:

i'm afraid um...hmmm... was on the ballot last year.....along with uh...oh and Oh noooo! :tongue:

i'm afraid um...hmmm... was on the ballot last year.....along with uh...oh and Oh noooo! :blink:

Then consider it a write-in :)