Bowling Green stadium

Has anyone performed there? Are the stands steep? The Glassmens All Star review will be there and I'm used to the Glassbowl set up. Neither show this year will be at the Glassbowl which i dont like.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always wanted to go to Bowling Green, OH in August.

But for a different summer activity that I'm quite fond of.

Bowling Green's your typical medium-sized college stadium. The stands are a little less steep than the Glass Bowl, but the seating's about the same. They put in Fieldturf a couple years ago. Parking's pretty good. The picture is a bit misleading, because there's a slight space between the sideline and the front stands.

BGSUStadium1.jpg

aerial.jpg

Out of curiosity, when was this announced?

Where did you get your info from Silver King , the last time I checked the venue info wasn't available yet , I do think it's getting to be crunch time though .

I do think that Anderson Arena at Bowling Green State University is a good choice if The University of Toledo's Glass Bowl cannot be had . I talked to

One of the corps officers last year about the chance of using the BG facility and the said that the corp's had a very long standing great relationship with UT and that everyone is satisfied with the status quo . In a way I hope your right , I'm not sure the sound will be as good as the glass-bowl in fact I know it

won't but it won't be that bad and besides that BG is a easy on easy off for all the corps the stadium is right on I-75 and there should be great housing

right in the immediate area and a ton of restaurants it's a win , win for everyone so let's wait and see . The Glassmen leadership is famous for not letting

anyone know anything until the last minuet but I think maybe their tune shall change this time after all people have to have to be able to plan .

Bowling Green's your typical medium-sized college stadium. The stands are a little less steep than the Glass Bowl, but the seating's about the same. They put in Fieldturf a couple years ago. Parking's pretty good. The picture is a bit misleading, because there's a slight space between the sideline and the front stands.

BGSUStadium1.jpg

aerial.jpg

Out of curiosity, when was this announced?

Great pic Galen !

I won tickets today at a raffle.

Yeah I think it's true. (the June 24 show)

* I'm not sure how parking is going to work, because nearby there is some heavy construction going on on our new basketball stadium. Just FYI

Our rivals usually just call it a "glorified high school stadium". Regardless, it's really nice, though it doesn't have any overhangs or awnings in case it rains. We just got turf in '07 so its fairly new. Plus, there's a lot of little pubs and stuff around town that should be fun before/afterwards since it's a college town. (I'd recommend going to the Dairy Queen just because you can get a huge Blizzard for like $3). Pollyeyes breadsticks are amazing as well.

I like to think it's good for performances, though the field is a little farther from the seats than some stadiums. Here's a short vid in case you're interested about what you might be seeing in terms of a view.

large_doyt.jpg

Also, there's orange seats in the middle that (I think) are folding arm-chairs that are nicer than the bleachers. I've never actually sat in them, but I'm pretty sure they're nicer.

DSC_0196.JPG

It's roughly a half-hour down I-75 from Toledo. The first thing you see is the stadium, so you can't miss it.

Where did you get your info from Silver King , the last time I checked the venue info wasn't available yet , I do think it's getting to be crunch time though .

I do think that Anderson Arena at Bowling Green State University is a good choice if The University of Toledo's Glass Bowl cannot be had.

The basketball stadium is called Anderson Arena. The football stadium is called Doyt Perry Stadium, or "the Doyt". (and the new basketball stadium under construction is the Stroh Center) :blink:

I've always wanted to go to Bowling Green, OH in August.

But for a different summer activity that I'm quite fond of.

Tractor Pull champs? :blink:

Edited by NR_Ohiobando

I also have it on good authority that the June 24 show is at Doyt Perry Stadium at BGSU.

However, the August 9 show is not - it's in Toledo -

its at a high school

its at a high school

There's only one high school in Bowling Green. I'm surprised the show is being held there. The band director is very anti-corps.

Whoever is sponsoring the show show must be anticipating a bad turnout because there are much better stadiums that would be available.