Bowling Green stadium

Has anyone performed there? Are the stands steep? The Glassmens All Star review will be there and I'm used to the Glassbowl set up. Neither show this year will be at the Glassbowl which i dont like.

There used to a show there every year back in the late 60's early 70's but nothing since then.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's only one high school in Bowling Green. I'm surprised the show is being held there. The band director is very anti-corps.

Whoever is sponsoring the show show must be anticipating a bad turnout because there are much better stadiums that would be available.

I think he's talking about the Toledo show in August

Tractor Pull champs? :blink:

Look at the big brain on Brad!

[$1 to Q.T.]

Just so happens that my 21st birthday is on the weekend of it.

The inner redneck in me really wants to go.

suppress the beast.

Hey, when you grew up on it, it's kind of hard. haha

I was talking to a friend yesterday and he said talked to a VERY reputable source and the source told him that the second Glassmen show will be held at

Springfield High School stadium in Holland , Ohio same date and time .

I was talking to a friend yesterday and he said talked to a VERY reputable source and the source told him that the second Glassmen show will be held at

Springfield High School stadium in Holland , Ohio same date and time .

I know what that ones like since I've practiced at it so I didn't ask.

BGSU's stadium is nice, and I'm glad to see the building at one end of the field. Bowling Green is a pretty flat area, and I marched there once when I was in college. Only time I ever lost a hat (along with about 30 other people). Yeah, it was kind of "We're not in Kansas anymore" wind experience. The building on the end should cut down the wind factor - otherwise the color guards would be in for an adventure, I think.

I marched in the Falcon Marching Band at BGSU back in 2005. The only issue I ever had with the stadium was facing the west for a performance. It's true with a lot of fields, but the sun glaring back at you even until 8-9pm at night, especially past the 30s, was annoying. Another thing that may be an issue is warm-up areas. Being a very flat area without an abundance of tree cover, sound travels pretty far. You could literally hear the FMB rehearsing anywhere on campus.