Loudest Baritone line ever?

RenegadeBaritone

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am partial to Blue Devils lines but....

Maybe Spirit of Atlanta in '79 or '80 or possibly PR the years they played 1812 overture - I think they had something like 24 baritones/euphoniums.

Remember - playing in tune and listening is far more preferable than flat out loud playing.

I challenge any baritone/euphonium player in the country to play louder than I can - and that is not a boast - ask Gillman, Nalls, Dastrup, DeMello, or Rick South.

Madison had some pretty loud baritone lines in the 70's.  

Cadets baritone line in those huge chords in Rocky Point in 83 were pretty loud....

but the loudest---2001 Kiltie lead baritones!!!!  Of course, Pooh Bear, Moon and myself had a lot to do with that!  :)

volume =

Cadets 97.  In their closer, about 9:25 into it, the baritones come out of nowhere with these sweet quarter notes.  If you haven't ever heard the show before and don't expect it, it can scare the crap out of you!

sweetest sound =

Phantom Regiment 93.  Beggining of Fire of Eternal Glory is amazing considering they have G bugles.  Best baritone sound I've ever heard come out of a drum corps.

licks =

Bridgemen 72?.  Some really nice double and triple tounging going on.  Listen also for the sops somewhere in the middle of the show.  That whole show was amazing as far as technicality.

Michael Terry

the younger

I challenge any baritone/euphonium player in the country to play louder than I can - and that is not a boast - ask Gillman, Nalls, Dastrup, DeMello, or Rick South.

Rick South is pretty #### loud...

volume =

Cadets 97.  In their closer, about 9:25 into it, the baritones come out of nowhere with these sweet quarter notes.  If you haven't ever heard the show before and don't expect it, it can scare the crap out of you!

I can't agree with you there. The baritones were good, but I can't say they peaked on the volume scale. I saw that show live about a half dozen times and I can't even remember the quarter notes...what I do remember is 30 seconds of "WIIRRRRRR" at the beginning.