Dear Mr. Director

I just felt the need to say ( and hope none is offended ) especially more than a kid would feel that you choose to BOO, How very adult of those that feel it's ok. I hope you got to expreience that in your own corps experiences . from the look of it some of you may have. These comments really adds creditability to your opinions ( NOT )

just proves how the few who feel its ok , Your opinion means nothing !!!!!!!!! Stand up and be heard OF COURSE..how about set an expample as an adult. To those who feel the same OR who will protest CHANGE in their own ADULT and FAIR way , sorry you had to hear this.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just felt the need to say ( and hope none is offended ) especially more than a kid would feel that you choose to BOO, How very adult of those that feel it's ok. I hope you got to expreience that in your own corps experiences . from the look of it some of you may have. These comments really adds creditability to your opinions ( NOT )

just proves how the few who feel its ok , Your opinion means nothing !!!!!!!!! Stand up and be heard OF COURSE..how about set an expample as an adult. To those who feel the same OR who will protest CHANGE in their own ADULT and FAIR way , sorry you had to hear this.

Not sure I care for the WW either although I dont think you will see it other than in solos. pits, and things like that but I totally agree with you on your other comments. There are many corps I dont like every year and I voice that but to actually BOO a kid ? HMMMm why not throw produce next or get a big hook when we dont like something .

True....my personal belief is that you shouldnt boo a child.. or anyone for that matter.. That is not an adult way to approach

this ordeal. Again... for a drum and BUGLE corps to use ww (during their timed appearance on the field) I would boycott that

corps in every way I could.. no souvies from me.. very light semi-hearter clapping that wouldnt be lound enough to scare a mouse

and to the other 140plus members of this person's corps... all I have to say is.... "hey.... 99.9% chance you knew after you were

given a contract...that this particular corps was going to be using ww's.... Do I feel for the "lack of appreciation" members... yes..

but a LINE HAS TO BE DRAWN...and needs to say .............THAT'S IT !!!!!!!!! This is Drum and Bugle Corps.. ww are not allowed.

So I have a question. Let's just say for the sake of argument there is a member out on the field playing a clarinet solo (God I hope I don't see that). That person is the only one playing and it's a beautiful solo (for a clarinet), and then a bunch of people just stood up and started booing. Is that okay? Would that be acceptable to you? I mean I understand everyone's objections to woodwinds and I REALLY don't want to see them on the field, but that would be a horrible thing to do. Just saying.

In our somewhat free society, people have the right to do so. I respect other people's rights. If that member doesn't want to be booed, then they shouldn't join a corps that makes them play a clarinet solo. Since the beginning of paying for entertainment, audiences have found ways to express their disapproval. Be thankful, they weren't using rotten fruit.

So I have a question. Let's just say for the sake of argument there is a member out on the field playing a clarinet solo (God I hope I don't see that). That person is the only one playing and it's a beautiful solo (for a clarinet), and then a bunch of people just stood up and started booing. Is that okay? Would that be acceptable to you? I mean I understand everyone's objections to woodwinds and I REALLY don't want to see them on the field, but that would be a horrible thing to do. Just saying.

That would be absolutely pathetic...I know, I can say I will NEVER see that happen. I will NEVER be in a position to do so..........

The fans have a choice to be in the standsm the clarinet soloist had the choice to play, joining in a legal activity playing by the rules established. They arent doing anything illegal and the fans in the stands already know that a clarinet solo is acceptable...if its not what they want to see, or enjoy, they should NOT bet there and are more of a menace to the activity than the clarinet soloist.....

G

You CAN'T boo the kids on the field. They are just participating in an activity they love for YOUR enjoyment. Send the directors emails, but don't boo the kids. It's not their decision to put WW's out there.

You people can't be serious.

You CAN'T boo the kids on the field. They are just participating in an activity they love for YOUR enjoyment. Send the directors emails, but don't boo the kids. It's not their decision to put WW's out there.

You people can't be serious.

People are serious...sad but true

it's not accpetable to me, but then again I have no control over what others do.

well guess what...do you condone booing at high school sporting events? yet it happens, and often by students. I dont want to see a corps boo, but since we hear we're hurting the kids if we dont go, the fans have to express themselves somehow.

so choose...they keep going so DCI can pay the bills and the fans boo, or the people stay home, and DCI has serious money issues.

because really...i'm not sure you can have one without the other on either example

well guess what...do you condone booing at high school sporting events? yet it happens, and often by students. I dont want to see a corps boo, but since we hear we're hurting the kids if we dont go, the fans have to express themselves somehow.

so choose...they keep going so DCI can pay the bills and the fans boo, or the people stay home, and DCI has serious money issues.

because really...i'm not sure you can have one without the other on either example

Seems awfully disrespectful to the performers. I don't like many shows i see and go get something to drink. How would you feel if the corps you marched in was booed as you were performing..just asking