Sinewave May Rehearsal

Hey All,

I just wanted to congratulate the guys at the May rehearsal for Sinewave!

We had a 6 hour rehearsal at Kaneland High School, in Kane County, Illinois. 8 trumpets, 3 mellos, 7 baritones, 2 tubas and 1 drum set made some great sounds on the "Jersey Boy" music. From warm-ups, through some grueling rehearsal time, to making some wonderful demo recordings, everyone there showed they came to play!

We even were able to run through "Taps" and "Battle Hymn" along with our warm-up routine. Something very "drum corps" about having those pieces in your back pocket. I guess that goes with our final mouthpiece warm-up of "Yankee Doodle".

Rick Hagey even managed to give a little break to the chops while teaching some opening stage-drill moves just after lunch.

Afterwards, many of the group got together out at Jim Mikowski's beautiful home out in the sticks, and threw back a couple of brews, ate some great food, shared some stories, and even watched some RA and Cavalier alumni performances on video. A great way to end a drum corps kind of day!

Special thanks to Shari Brown for helping organize things with check-in, lunch, and generally just knowing everything!

:blink:

Looking forward to the next rehearsal -- keep on spreading the good word -- this is a great group of people, and getting better all the time.

all the best,

Chuck Naffier

Sinewave Drum Corps

What an extraordinary, dedicated group of guys we have in SineWave, flying in from Boston and Cincinnati and traveling from all parts of the Midwest to converge on Elburn, an obscure suburb 50 miles west of Chicago, to rehearse every 5-6 weeks. We all appreciate having Chuck as our arranger and instructor and can't wait for June 12th when we'll get together again!

Welcome to the mini corps ranks. The guys I know in that group are simply awesome people. I am looking forward to seeing you guys in Rochester.

Donny

Welcome to the mini corps ranks. The guys I know in that group are simply awesome people. I am looking forward to seeing you guys in Rochester.

Donny

Everyone in SineWave looks forward to being "seen" :tongue:

Everyone in SineWave looks forward to being "seen" :tongue:

Good to hear from you, Contrablaster....we're all looking forward to having you back in the fold starting June 12th!

Welcome Sine Wave to the SDCA group! I can't wait to see you guys perform this year.

Hey Rich,

Do you have any week night rehearsals? I'll be in town the 15th & 16th & would like to see you guys.

Lou:

Unfortunately, they're conducted on Saturdays once a month (lots of practice at home) due to the distance some of the guys travel from. I believe that one of our Mellos, Rick Hagey lives out your way. Drop me a line at morgan86@flash.net by e-mail; possibly hook up on the 15th (evening) while you're here???!!! :cool:

Lou:

Unfortunately, they're conducted on Saturdays once a month (lots of practice at home) due to the distance some of the guys travel from. I believe that one of our Mellos, Rick Hagey lives out your way. Drop me a line at morgan86@flash.net by e-mail; possibly hook up on the 15th (evening) while you're here???!!! :thumbup:

Rehearsal no. 5 on 6/12.....can't wait!