"FA16" vs "G7"

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of curiosity, what does it say about the actual well being of DCI when three of the four corps that Steve Knob has been associated with have folded? (Guardsmen, Suncoast, and Florida Wave)

Well that's a 25% survival rate, wonder what the rate is for the rest of corps that were connected with DCI at any time.

Not a flame: just my first thought.

Just out of curiosity, what does it say about the actual well being of DCI when three of the four corps that Steve Knob has been associated with have folded? (Guardsmen, Suncoast, and Florida Wave)

Things have changed a great deal. When I marched, prelims went for 3 days. Finishing 31st was quite an accomplishment, not even saying what it was to make finals. But corps used to be run by local VFW's amd Am. Legion posts, and never ventured more than maybe 100 or 200 miles from home. Corps were run out of garages and church basements. As the touring model changed, so did the amount of commitment and resources needed. Not saying it's good or bad, just different. Just about all competitive enterprises have gone through this as they got larger and more commerical - baseball, football, hockey, etc.

Edited by Steve Knob

wasn't phantom in the top 3 of the bottom 6?

good boys club of DCI... don't know why bluecoats are there

Well I'm not advocating the G& or anything, but if you look at average placements for the last 10 and 20 years the Bluecoats fall in 6th on both lists. they averaged 8th place from 1990-2009 and they averaged 6th place from 2000-2009.

Now Crown on the other hand does not fall in the top 7 on either list, being 12th on the 1990-2009 list and 8th behind Boston on the 2000-2009 list.

I'd like to see the G-7 accept 35-40 new (never marched) kids each year, then, lets see how good they are

If youre in the position of accepting only the best of the best . Why is this so bad? Do i like kids now a daays who just love to corps hop NO!!!! but the kid of today is not the kid of the past. Thats good and bad in itself.

I'd like to see the G-7 accept 35-40 new (never marched) kids each year, then, lets see how good they are

I know that others that have marched in the corps will NOT be offended by this...because we have laughed about it many times. But if you were to look and see at the lack of talent that walks through the door at Cadets every year, you would be floored and have a new found respect for the education received.

2009 - We could barely hold our horns up in April. True story.

Work hard...thats the name of the game.

I know that others that have marched in the corps will NOT be offended by this...because we have laughed about it many times. But if you were to look and see at the lack of talent that walks through the door at Cadets every year, you would be floored and have a new found respect for the education received.

2009 - We could barely hold our horns up in April. True story.

Work hard...thats the name of the game.

Had to laugh as one of your sops last year marched with us (and he's back this year).

I know he could keep his horn up, but he had to get used to Bb drum corps. :thumbup:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

I think the character verbiage is "WE are the borg," since the borg don't have a singular personality and are instead plugged into the entire race and think/act as a collective.

Wow, I can be such a nerd sometimes! :thumbup:

Well, unless you're the Borg "Queen"... Then or that offshoot Borg faction controlled by Data's brother.... Yea, we're all a little nerdy sometimes! It's okay! :tongue:

Well, unless you're the Borg "Queen"... Then or that offshoot Borg faction controlled by Data's brother.... Yea, we're all a little nerdy sometimes! It's okay! :thumbup:

OMG< I was thinking this last night reading the random star wars refernces...NERDS !! WE are, , who cares !! LOL

G