The OFFICIAL Phantom Regiment Thread

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to snap at everyone, but there's just too much of a "feel good" attitude on here sometimes. There's nothing wrong with pointing out something wrong or bad about an organization. It's not like by not pointing it out it doesn't exist.

LOL, its your opinon its bad or wrong, to others its not. And, there is a thread devoted to logos and posters...would you go to church and tell a joke during a sermon ??

Go to the "posters" thread and decree over and over you dont like it..and expect to be blasted because 1 ) Its only an opinion, others may like it, and 2 ) Get a grip, with all going on, you are wasting your efforts on....a.....logo ?? LOLOLOLOL

G

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you anywhere near Rockford, this will be a concert worth hearing.

I saw Harry perform a couple years ago and he was fantastic. (I was a trombone major in college so I tend to be critical of trombonists, but he was terrific.) I won't spoil the surprise, but he'll be playing a lot of notes, really fast. :)

G

Music in the Park with Regiment & Harry Watters

Phantom Regiment will once again kick off the Music in the Park concert series here in Rockford on Tuesday, June 8. The 7:30 p.m. concert is FREE! Seating is general admission and includes bench seating and lawn seating.

This year, the Regiment will be joined by special guest artist Harry Watters, who is a noted jazz trombonist. Harry Watters appears courtesy of Jupiter Band Instruments. Harry Watters performs exclusively on Jupiter Brass Instruments, as does Phantom Regiment.

Harry Watters serves with the United States Army Band in Washington, D.C. and teaches jazz trombone at George Mason University in Fairfax, Va. His numerous Summit Records releases include the popular Love Songs and the three critically acclaimed Brothers discs with trumpeter Ken Watters.

Watters has performed with Doc Serverinsen, Al Hirt, Pete Fountain, Erich Kunzel, Kevin Mahogany, Wycliffe Gordon, Lou Rawls, Maureen McGovern, Bill Watrous, Carl Fontana, Jiggs Whiggam, James Moody, Peter Erskine, Conrad Herwig, John Fedchock and the Boston Brass. In addition, Harry has appeared as a featured soloist with the Syracuse Symphony, the Baton Rouge Symphony, the Louisiana Philharmonic, the Tulsa Pops, the West Virginia Symphony, the University of North Texas One O'Clock Lab Band, the Janacek Philharmonic, the Moldovan Festival Orchestra and the U.S. Army Orchestra. Learn more about Harry Watters.

Come join Phantom Regiment for what should be a beautiful summer evening in the historic Sinnissippi Park Music Shell surrounded by majestic trees and the majestic sound of Phantom Regiment AND Harry Watters.

The Music Shell in Sinnissippi Park, dedicated in 1950, is an outdoor acoustic amphitheater, which can accommodate as many as 700 on benches, and up to 3,000 on the terraces and lawn. This is a favorite spot for many local and regional talents to showcase their performances. Phantom Regiment has become known as the opening act for the Music in the Park series.

The concert begins at 7:30 p.m. Sinnissippi Park Music Shell is located at 1401 N. Second St. in Rockford, Ill.

Phantom Regiment is proud to open the Music in the Park series as well as being able to bring notable musicians, such as Harry Watters, to perform with us!

Join us in Leaf River Sunday

The annual Leaf River "Summer Daze" Parade is Sunday, June 6 and starts at 2 p.m. Get there early as the main entrance into the city will be closed to prepare for the parade.

Once again, the Phantom Regiment is excited to team up with the Leaf River Lions Club for this family fun parade!

The Leaf River Lions Club also has a huge hand in helping Phantom Regiment with the annual Show of Shows, which takes place this year on Sunday, July 18 at Boylan High School in Rockford.

From Facebook:

Michelle Williams, from Destiny's Child, was in attendance at the Concert in the Park last night. She tweeted this picture: http://tweetphoto.com/26416713

The caption states, "The Phantom Regiment! They are really really good! I want to use them one day! Maybe my dad will play again too!"

Pictures from CITP are now up on their Facebook site. www.facebook.com/regiment

Edited by chaos001