Crown in search of Lead Baritone

Someone there has brass, and I'm not necessarily referring to their instruments... :tongue:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

don't they already have alternates to fill some spots? maybe one playing metronome at the moment??? :tongue:

A VERY legitimate Question. ANd I'm with another Poster. NOBODY NOBODY!! in that whole talented low brass section has the chops. ########!!

They are trying to win. Does anyone hold that against them?

OR, maybe they're just trying to put the best product on the field that they can. Just maybe.

I wouldn't hold it against them, but if they don't use their alternates as understudies/replacements, it makes me wonder why they bother having "alternates" in the first place. :tongue:

Edited by mobrien

I don't have a problem with any corps striving for first place. It is interesting, however, to see that when an organizations highest priority becomes winning, how certain aspects of the organization become less desirable, and one has to wonder, if it's 2nd or 3rd for Crown this year if they'll even consider it a successful season.

OR, maybe they're just trying to put the best product on the field that they can. Just maybe.

I would think this is more of the objective.

I wouldn't hold it against them, but if they don't use their alternates as understudies/replacements, it makes me wonder why they bother having "alternates" in the first place. :tongue:

agreed,..................or is it just plain greed

I don't have a problem with any corps striving for first place. It is interesting, however, to see that when an organizations highest priority becomes winning, how certain aspects of the organization become less desirable, and one has to wonder, if it's 2nd or 3rd for Crown this year if they'll even consider it a successful season.

It 's all relative......... If you are the best of the best then maybe 2nd or 3rd may not feel like success , especially if you have been trying for a while. You hear it all the time in singles sports. Others would Kill to be in the top 5 of anything and those there always want to strive for more.

It 's all relative......... If you are the best of the best then maybe 2nd or 3rd may not feel like success , especially if you have been trying for a while. You hear it all the time in singles sports. Others would Kill to be in the top 5 of anything and those there always want to strive for more.

Very good point. Sitting outside of the top 5 it's easy to say "corps in the top 5 should be happy they're there" but if you ARE there, the next goal becomes obvious.