"Alive and very well"

Yesterday as I was returning home on motor coach along with the Purple Lancers Drum and Bugle Corps from Troy New York's large Flag Day Parade, I received a phone call from a parade committee member from an event that we are booked with in July. His initial inquiry was, and I quote"Dick have the Lancers folded" ? A recent parade in central New York had our drums being used by a local high school percussion ensemble. The Lancers graciously loaned these drums for this one parade and obviously the purple enhanced drums were easily recognizable along with a video on "youtube" showing this drum ensemble with no horns or color guard. Someone who was in attendance at that parade informed this committee member of this bogus evaluation that they seen the Lancers with drums only and they disbanded. After a considerable laugh, I proceeded to collect my thoughts and inform this committee member that all the chatter he hears are coming from our corps members returning from a very successful parade performance in Troy NY. Which,by the way happens to be our second appearance there in as many years. We were well received and invited back for next year in 2011.

I am now setting the record straight "we are alive, well and solvent and are continuing to progress in a time frame that will assure us of stability and success. Take it from me"We expect to be around for long time"..This is straight talk and no exaggerated mumbo jumbo .We are now experiencing many request to perform at various parades and concerts throughout New York State. For all of the drum corps critics please refrain from any rumors or comments unless you have your facts straight. I believe that unfounded and untrue critical remarks have had a considerable effect on the disintegration of the drum corps landscape. :smile:

Yesterday the Lancers experienced for the very first time in 35 years (even though this is our second year performing) the opportunity to mingle and be one of three corps in an area designated as a warm up area.Many renewed friendships were evident.The corps that were in our area were "Fusion Corps" from New Jersey and "Marksmen" from Mass..Numerous other Corps where in the parade but in a different location. The other corps that we are aware of were the U.S. Marine Corps Band or Drum Corps?? and the Sunrisers Drum and Bugle Corps. All in all it was a great experience and the exposure level couldn't be better.Looking forward to Troy in 2011 for the Largest Flag Day Parade in the country. The birthplace of Uncle Sam.

Richard (Dick) Gagliardi President/Corps Director

Purple Lancers -56

Brigs 57-58-59

Although we were farther down the road Excelsior was their as well. It was nice to see many other drum corps enthusiasts there!

Yes the Purple Lancers are alive and well.

From what I did hear and see you guys sounded great and looked sharp.

Great color, great members= a good Corps.

Keep pushing!!!!!11

PS It was a great parade, outstanding fan response. :satisfied::blink:

Ralph V Marino

Fusion Core