Anyone Else Not Mad About G7?

People can be upset about the G7 discussion and not be mad at the performers. Anyone marching a G7 corps did not sign up because of the G7 proposal. That happened long after you had all signed your contracts. (which is another reason some of us are concerned)

Will the G7 situation color your summer? Maybe, maybe not.

I'm not really even sure why I'm responding, since you say you've left DCP until August. But, if you're still reading, have a great summer and try to keep this whole thing in perspective: You didn't sign up for a G7 fight, and well all know that.

I am personally not mad about Greedy 7 proposals, yet. I most likely won't care. I will miss some of those 7 corps if they take their game and go home, but I will still attend the real drum corps shows that DCI will put on. I might even attend one g7 show to see what their big difference is, but I do wonder about their recruiting power. How many kids will want the different experience vs. the DCI experience? Might help, might hinder, don't know. The corps that stay will be benefited by becoming the higher placing corps thereby drawing new recruits and we will have a whole new look to the elite. Could be interesting. I never got mad about Star, and I loved Blast, but only went once. I still attend DCI shows each year. I moan and cry about some useless changes, but I still support the activity.....untill woodwinds turn it into band, then I can retire.

The g7 proposal concerns me and I feel it is disastrous for the future of the activity. But I will never take out my frustrations on the performers. I work in music education and understand completely how arrogant, ego-driven directors can ruin what is supposed to be a youth centered activity. I hope that adults--both directors and audience members--will behave as such.

I am personally not mad about Greedy 7 proposals, yet. I most likely won't care. I will miss some of those 7 corps if they take their game and go home, but I will still attend the real drum corps shows that DCI will put on. I might even attend one g7 show to see what their big difference is, but I do wonder about their recruiting power. How many kids will want the different experience vs. the DCI experience? Might help, might hinder, don't know. The corps that stay will be benefited by becoming the higher placing corps thereby drawing new recruits and we will have a whole new look to the elite. Could be interesting. I never got mad about Star, and I loved Blast, but only went once. I still attend DCI shows each year. I moan and cry about some useless changes, but I still support the activity.....untill woodwinds turn it into band, then I can retire.

A thought -

If 2 or 3 or 7 corps do pick up their ball and go home, then you stand a very large chance that one of them will be the proposer of the woodwinds.

Thus, no woodwinds in DCI and no need for you to retire.

A thought -

If 2 or 3 or 7 corps do pick up their ball and go home, then you stand a very large chance that one of them will be the proposer of the woodwinds.

Thank God. GO G7...WOOOO WOOOOO. :devil:

I see Hop's back on here posting under a nom de plume

Probably, but they are all programmed to respond like that now.

Said last night on the Allentown thread, "You LOVE the Cadets, You NEED the Cadets." Pretty scary.

And you and I - and I suspect many others - will happily skip down the road happily watching REAL drum corps DVDs.

Woodwinds are it for me. Always will be.

A skeleton of DCI, sans woodwinds, will be infinitely better than the G7 with woodwinds.

Edited by garfield

A thought -

Oooh, I like the way your think. :devil: