A question on yall's thoughts

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phantom is very likely going to be in the top 8. One year does not make a trend.

Well, of course anything's possible, and phantom is a quality organization, but its not like phantom dropped to 9th purely because they sucked. BAC and BS both took some pretty large steps up last year. If BAC has done that again, and I know BS has, its not going to be a given that PR will claw their way back up.

More parity among the top 12 is a good thing though. I think itd be great if every year a 1st place corps could drop to 9th and a 9th could jump into the top 3. Itd make every season a lot more exciting.

. . .which is probably true, but lame.

So tired of everyone bowing down to visual constantly.

Agreed

One "down" year and everyone writes off Regiment as not being in the top 8, lol. Murf will be G7 + 1, probably Blue Stars.

I kind of thought this was funny, I'm surprised how many people are writing Phantom out of the top 8 after one down year, after being top 8 for 22 consecutive years (I had to go check lol). But, everyone has their own opinions.

I kind of thought this was funny, I'm surprised how many people are writing Phantom out of the top 8 after one down year, after being top 8 for 22 consecutive years (I had to go check lol). But, everyone has their own opinions.

I'm with AlexL on this one.

I don't think we're slighting Phantom at all by predicting them out of this show. We're just recognizing the outstanding recent achievements of other groups.

Let's face it. For several years now, it's been "The Top 3." Well, now there are about 6 corps that are good enough to be in this "Top 3." It's the same thought process.

Well, of course anything's possible, and phantom is a quality organization, but its not like phantom dropped to 9th purely because they sucked. BAC and BS both took some pretty large steps up last year. If BAC has done that again, and I know BS has, its not going to be a given that PR will claw their way back up.

More parity among the top 12 is a good thing though. I think itd be great if every year a 1st place corps could drop to 9th and a 9th could jump into the top 3. Itd make every season a lot more exciting.

True. That would be great! :whistle:

The top 5 at least probably won't change. BD, Crown, Cadets, Cavs, SCV...

The top 5 at least probably won't change. BD, Crown, Cadets, Cavs, SCV...

I dunno....you at least can't rule out the Bluecoats for shaking up that group. Not to mention Boston, Blue Stars and Phantom...any of which might pass some of the regulars at least at some point this season.

I dunno....you at least can't rule out the Bluecoats for shaking up that group. Not to mention Boston, Blue Stars and Phantom...any of which might pass some of the regulars at least at some point this season.

Oh yea definitely. But it seems like those 5 alway come on really strong near the end of the season. Bluecoats may have the best shot to shake it up but I'm not sure about BAC or Blue Stars. Phantom...eh...maybe.

i'm going to predict that the top 8 won't change

I actually forgot about Phantom. So yeah, I'll correct myself and say that the top 8 will probably change. Here's my guess based solely on putting the shows I love out of 1st...typically, if I love it, it doesn't win.

1. Crown

2. Cadets

3. Blue Devils

4. Cavaliers

5. SCV

6. Phantom

7. Blue Stars

8. Bluecoats