2010 Blue Knights

Ok, so I didn't see a thread for them oficially and thought I would start it off.... Imagine that, me HONK for BK??? :tongue: Anywho, word on the street in Denver is that this could be the best BK corps in quite a long time. Starting with the Memorial Day Camp they were full in the hornline, the full guard had been in Denver rehearsing 2 weeks prior to that and the full battery had been there a week before that camp. That's dedication!! Musically I heard snipets and parts of the show during the various camps and I will say--WOW-- Great Book. Farandole is classic no matter who you are, but this is great/accessible arrangement, can't wait to see what they do with it visually. Nimrod is great is going to be a classic BK moment when said and done and the Brahms 1 symphony mvt. 4 rocks... All in all, I believe the drum corps purists and BK fans alike will love what they are doing and they are once again quite accessible this year. I will not let the cat out of the bag completely but will say that the corps marching style will be a bit different this year. The kick knee will be there some but I think the changes made will help them as well.... Can't wait to see what Sully and the Staff do with this show and will be watching the Stanford Broadcast!!! Go BK-- GET CLASSICAL BABY!!! :ph34r:

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

One of those dark horses every year where you just don't know what to expect. Can't wait to see what they come out with this year!

Ok, so I didn't see a thread for them oficially and thought I would start it off.... Imagine that, me HONK for BK??? :tongue: Anywho, word on the street in Denver is that this could be the best BK corps in quite a long time. Starting with the Memorial Day Camp they were full in the hornline, the full guard had been in Denver rehearsing 2 weeks prior to that and the full battery had been there a week before that camp. That's dedication!! Musically I heard snipets and parts of the show during the various camps and I will say--WOW-- Great Book. Farandole is classic no matter who you are, but this is great/accessible arrangement, can't wait to see what they do with it visually. Nimrod is great is going to be a classic BK moment when said and done and the Brahms 1 symphony mvt. 4 rocks... All in all, I believe the drum corps purists and BK fans alike will love what they are doing and they are once again quite accessible this year. I will not let the cat out of the bag completely but will say that the corps marching style will be a bit different this year. The kick knee will be there some but I think the changes made will help them as well.... Can't wait to see what Sully and the Staff do with this show and will be watching the Stanford Broadcast!!! Go BK-- GET CLASSICAL BABY!!! :ph34r:

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

BK doing Farandole... awesome !.... I'm looking forward to seeing their show this year. It does appear to be an interesting one.

BK doing Farandole... awesome !.... I'm looking forward to seeing their show this year. It does appear to be an interesting one.

Yeah me too, many folks forget that BK in the 90's played mostly classical music and European Brass Music. They had been on a darker journey lately which I loved, but they seem to be going back to the more classical BK. This I believe will suit not only the hardcore BK fans but also the general drum corps fan as well!! Here's to a fantasic Blue Knights Season in 2010, no one talks about them or treats them like an afterthought and I love to see them in that underdog role!!! GO BK, GET CLASSICAL BABY!! :tongue:

Wes P

I love BK for maintaining their unique style and never falling into the trap of trying to be like other corps.

Is some of their stuff weird? Sure it is. Is some of the music different? Absolutely. But they try new things regularly and I admire it..... not to mention they put out a pretty kick ### corps every year too. Great Organization.

Yeah me too, many folks forget that BK in the 90's played mostly classical music and European Brass Music. They had been on a darker journey lately which I loved, but they seem to be going back to the more classical BK. This I believe will suit not only the hardcore BK fans but also the general drum corps fan as well!! Here's to a fantasic Blue Knights Season in 2010, no one talks about them or treats them like an afterthought and I love to see them in that underdog role!!! GO BK, GET CLASSICAL BABY!! :tongue:

Wes P

My favorite BK show is 1991.......classic BK...IMO

For some reason I am getting a vibe that BK will be much more accessible this season. Don't know why but.....time will tell soon enough.

I say they will shock a few folks this season.....

Can't wait to see them out here in California.

kinda weird they still havent formally announced a show title yet...

Cant wait to see them!