Madisons Nail

Cool tradition, great way to keep corps history alive and connect current members and alumni, I dig it.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fyi, my nail is Ray Baumgart. he worked with Madison in the pre-dci years. he arranged the current version of "May You Never Walk Alone" that the men still play today. unfortunately he has passed away so i'll never get to speak with him, but may of the guys' nails are still alive and in regular contact with them. as for myself, every time i hear the corps play MYNWA i feel a little something extra.

the '10 corps first show is tonight and i'd give anything to be there just before step-off when they start singing. DO IT UP MADISON!!! YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!!!!

Wow, what an honor to to have Ray Baumgardt as your NAIL. Just one correction, although Ray did work with Madison (and the Cavies) in the pre-DCI years (he arranged both of their '71 shows) he arranged for Madison in the DCI years from 72 through 76. Thus his aforementioned induction into the DCI hall of fame this year (which in my opinion is about 30 years late). I saw on the Scouts facebook page awhile back that his family will be at Drums On Parade in Madison this weekend as the Scouts honor Ray's induction into the HOF.

Edited by bass5

win

To be ready when the judges crucify them for being a crowd favorite?

:smile: