Charleston, WV

Actually, during Phantom's ballad, there was a quiet moment when a semi-trailer came rolling through and "beep beeeeeeep" really ruined the moment. It was a moment where many people started laughing because of it (but not as many people laughed as did for the "singing" of the National Anthem). I can tell you, that was the worst rendition I have ever heard. Somebody was holding up their cell phone recording it, too.

ACTUALLY...the worse one I have heard was the one for the Masters' show that was moved to TN Tech in '06..the performer made many pitch errors, and was READING THE WORDS FROM A NOTE CARD!!!!

What was even worse, he was the VOCAL TEACHER at the university!!! (Hopefully, the word 'was' being the key here...) :thumbup:

Great reviews both Elmo and WVU, thanks! :thumbup:

I'd be for that. This way, if the scores don't mean anything well.. they REALLY dont mean anything.

Why bust your tail in competition, if DCI doesn't have the judges in place ready to score and" make it real ".

If the " scores don't matter", then just do exhibitions until we're really, REALLY serious.

Right now, I 'd tell the kids that are marching to just coast along, until DCI gets their stuff together with a full panel.

When the judges and DCI are really " serious " about judging and competition, then tell the kids to go all out.

Otherwise with half arse judging panels, just give half arse efforts... until such time as " the scores mean something ".

If " the scores and placements don't mean anything now".... well, I 'm comvinced. Just tell the marchers. They're the ones busting their arse in what we all seem to agree here are meaningless situations now.

You are absolutely ridiculous.

Your whining about boxingfred doesn't make him look bad, but it certainly makes you look bad.

Do Corps REALLY need to compete over 30 times in 6 weeks ? Heck, if the marchers can't get a full judging panel in those 30, then just have the Corps do 20 competitions and give them a full panel at those 20.

You are right... less opportunities for people to see drum corps (and for the corps to make money) is certainly the answer :thumbup:

What's going on with the recaps?

Still not up, which is a little unusual. I'm interested to check them out as well...

You are right... less opportunities for people to see drum corps (and for the corps to make money) is certainly the answer :thumbup:

Hey, if you think it's a good for the education of the marchers to have a cut back in both the numbers of judges... and NO judges in some captions... fine.

You sound like someone who's " ok " if we have a cutback in veteran teachers AND substitute teachers, so that there is NO one in the classroom. So if it's ok to cut judges, what the heck, it's no big deal if we cut classroom teachers, so long as somebody is making a buck in the community.

Look...not having a Corps section in performance competition having a judge because of DCI " economizing " blows. But if you ( or some others ) are " ok " with it... that's cool. No problem. I told you what I think of it. You told me it's no big deal to you, as long as the Corps adults running their Corps are making a buck. Fine. We move on.

Edited by BRASSO

What's going on with the recaps?

Apparently not a #### thing....

Hey, if you think it's a good for the education of the marchers to have a cut back in both the numbers of judges... and NO judges in some captions... fine.

You sound like someone who's " ok " if we have a cutback in veteran teachers AND substitute teachers, so that there is NO one in the classroom. So if it's ok to cut judges, what the heck, it's no big deal if we cut classroom teachers, so long as somebody is making a buck in the community.

Look...not having a Corps section in performance competition having a judge because of DCI " economizing " blows. But if you ( or some others ) are " ok " with it... that's cool. No problem. I told you what I think of it. You told me it's no big deal to you, as long as the Corps adults runig their Cops are making a buck. Fine. We move on.

You're welcome to your opinion of course, but as someone who has worked as a classroom teacher, and a substitute teacher, that analogy is terrible. I mean really, there are some bad ones on dcp pretty regularly, but those are usually jokes....you are actually trying to be serious though.

You're welcome to your opinion of course, but as someone who has worked as a classroom teacher, and a substitute teacher, that analogy is terrible. I mean really, there are some bad ones on dcp pretty regularly, but those are usually jokes....you are actually trying to be serious though.

I thought your idea of having no judges for a performance caption where you thought it was "ok " so long as there were 30-35 shows in 6 weeks and fans were seeing shows and Corps adults were making a buck, etc was a joke. But as I can see, you ( an some others ) are not joking. You ARE serious. You think it's fine.

DCI was founded on the fundamental principle that " there needs to be uniform judging standards". The principle was layed out so that a Corps in competition anywhere in the country would be afforded the same number of judges, the same judging captions, the same interpretations and guidelines on those captions,... and that this would take place from the very first competitiion to the last competition. Having a uniform judging system standard implementation was EXTREMELY important to the founders.

We have now reached a point in time where there is no such thing as a " uniform judging system" in so far as it relates to DCI competition. Wehave Corps judged in June now that have little to no resemblance at all to how these Corps will be judged later in the season.. not in judging number... not in judged captons.... not in interpretation of judging captions.... not in how the the various sections will be weighted n scoring, and so forth.

Now, this is NOT a uniform judging system. And it does not matter if 5 or 50 people try and spin it that it is... and that it's " ok ". But if others think having NO judge judging a caption that later in the season will have a separate judge is a consistent and uniform judging system for the Drum Corps, then they might as well be convincing you ( and others ) that pigs can fly.