Southern Showdown

Saturday was the official kickoff for the DCA season, but we shouldn't forget that two more Open Class groups begin their season Today (June 20th)! Alliance and Corpvets compete at FirstBEAT in Fort Mill, South Carolina this evening. I am very interested to see how everything is panning out. From what it sounds like, both groups have had great off-seasons and appear to be ready to step up their game!

I am predicting that their score will be lower because DCI judges are going to keep the scoring relative to DCI. I do not predict anything over a 75 for either group, but I think they will make a good showing. Does anyone know if this will be on the Fan Network?

:devil: :devil: :thumbup:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So are these scores relative to DCA, or closer to DCI

Doug Smith

DCI judges on DCA sheets.

Based off of the other DCA corps scores I would say those are closer to DCI scores. But then again its different judges, different show. Time will tell.

DCI judges on DCA sheets.

Based off of the other DCA corps scores I would say those are closer to DCI scores. But then again its different judges, different show. Time will tell.

Also there were 4 judges at Fort Mill vs. 9 at all DCA shows. I'm sure they had a a bit of a challenge working out how the judges were going to cover the captions on the DCA sheets. Regardless it's a fantastic opportunity for the DCA corps and very much appreciated. Props to the crowd too; they really showed their appreciation of the work we are doing.

Also there were 4 judges at Fort Mill vs. 9 at all DCA shows. I'm sure they had a a bit of a challenge working out how the judges were going to cover the captions on the DCA sheets. Regardless it's a fantastic opportunity for the DCA corps and very much appreciated. Props to the crowd too; they really showed their appreciation of the work we are doing.

did they not have the dca 4 man panel sheets?

but as always, NEVER compare scores from show to show, sheets to sheets, panels to panels.... for the uninformed... while systems are designed to be consistent - that is "consistent" within an acceptable range. The actual scores that evening are critical to the first score given that night and can vary considerably based on that first score given...