Which is why someone stated in a different thread "the bucs are ruining DCA"

I am starting to agree.

Your kiddin' me right? Perhaps, just maybe, the rest of the circuit should attempt to raise their game. Or maybe they can hold car washes, bake sales and raffles to buy the Bucs staff. OR...turn DCA's into a clap show. But to insinuate that a great, quality drum corps is ruining our DCA circuit???? That's just silly....

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get how some are a bit shocked by the 5 pt spread but I think some consideration needs to be given to WHAT the two corps are putting in the field. The Cabs had a very respectable 1st performance of what many people feel is an overplayed effect. This style of show has not worked competitively for several years now. IMO the Cabs best show in recent years was Carmen. Still Cabs, but in a fresh new presentation. . Bucs on the other hand, seem to focus on exploring new territory while still maintaining their identity. Their shows have always seemed to have a level of sophistication that is lacking elsewhere.

Your kiddin' me right? Perhaps, just maybe, the rest of the circuit should attempt to raise their game. Or maybe they can hold car washes, bake sales and raffles to buy the Bucs staff. OR...turn DCA's into a clap show. But to insinuate that a great, quality drum corps is ruining our DCA circuit???? That's just silly....

I totally agree with you!!!

Bucs are not ruining DCA whatsoever. Are they forcing everyone to raise their game? Maybe......whether or not the opposing corps choose to do that? Well....that is up to them, but don't blame the Bucs!!! Granted, they ARE good. But you know what? SO ARE THE CABS!!! This is one of the best shows I have seen/heard from the Cabs in a number of years. They are light years ahead of where they were last year, and the excitement generated from this show is nothing short of amazing!

A 5 point spread was not deserved.....Sorry Bucs.....I love you guys, but you had a HUGE stamina problem at the end of your show, and because of that, I thought the scores would be much closer!! (heck....you can't go wrong with music that has been played by Phanton and Star), but you ran out of gas with about a minute left in your program.....I thought for sure the scores would be much closer.....maybe less than a point. The judges definitely missed the boat on that! Even the fans picked up on that and they were "oooooooing", very uncharacteristic of Reading.

Don't get me wrong......the Bucs show is GREAT, just not performed up to the Bucs standard......yet. BUT....watch out for the Cabs.....The Rumps are back, but in a way you would never expect.....and they do it twice! You might not walk away from the show humming any of their tunes, but with this show, you won't need to. Excitement from start to finish with this all original show!

Good luck to both corps the rest of the season!!! Can't wait to see these shows at DCA!!!

Edited by FPonzo

It's been said before about other corps that won alot.

Hey, every year every other corps has 9 months to try to figure out how to beat them ... it isn't the Bucs fault.

It's everyone else's fault for trying to do a show like theirs and looking like a scaled down, less prepared version of the Bucs in a different color uniform.

I'm not with anybody this year, but I will say that we won't know who the top two are until after Lewisburg.

All due respect to your opinion, and not having witnessed the show myself....the caption recaps have the Bucs with a COMPLETE caption/subcaption sweep. The show was judged by a very respectable crew. It would just seem to me that based on this, there could have been no doubt who won the show. Perhaps everyone is just getting plain fatigued by the Bucs constantly winning....

If you didn't see it then how can you say that "everyone is just getting plain fatiuged by the Bucs constantly winning". I'm on record as saying I loved Bucs show in 2005 and I think that they've deserved to win the last few years. However you seem to not be able to check your opinions at the door. I don't think many people were saying that Cabs should have won by 5 points, but that Bucs were not THAT much better than Cabs. Like I said I would have had no problem with Bucs winning IF the scores were closer. I have a problem with OBVIOUS "reputation scoring" for a first show.

I totally agree with you!!!

Bucs are not ruining DCA whatsoever. Are they forcing everyone to raise their game? Maybe......whether or not the opposing corps choose to do that? Well....that is up to them, but don't blame the Bucs!!! Granted, they ARE good. But you know what? SO ARE THE CABS!!! This is one of the best shows I have seen/heard from the Cabs in a number of years. They are light years ahead of where they were last year, and the excitement generated from this show is nothing short of amazing!

A 5 point spread was not deserved.....Sorry Bucs.....I love you guys, but you had a HUGE stamina problem at the end of your show, and because of that, I thought the scores would be much closer!! (heck....you can't go wrong with music that has been played by Phanton and Star), but you ran out of gas with about a minute left in your program.....I thought for sure the scores would be much closer.....maybe less than a point. The judges definitely missed the boat on that! Even the fans picked up on that and they were "oooooooing", very uncharacteristic of Reading.

Don't get me wrong......the Bucs show is GREAT, just not performed up to the Bucs standard......yet. BUT....watch out for the Cabs.....The Rumps are back, but in a way you would never expect.....and they do it twice! You might not walk away from the show humming any of their tunes, but with this show, you won't need to. Excitement from start to finish with this all original show!

Good luck to both corps the rest of the season!!! Can't wait to see these shows at DCA!!!

"Five Pointer" Not Deserved"

Agreed. From where we stood it looked to be a tossup. LOVED the "RUMPS REPRISE" from Caballeros :smile: and Frank's coment about "Not going wrong with the Phantom/Star" literature is right on the money. :tongue:

Best of luck to all in Bridgeport.

Elphaba

Y

Clearly your not a fan of the Cabs. Seems you may not be a fan of Reading either. But based on some of your past posts and comments here on DCP, you seem to lean towards any corps other then Cabs. And you were not at the performance. I'm of the opinion that if anyone is going to insinuate anything either way, you may want to have actually gone to the show. Formulate your opinion without your own personal anti-whoever bias and make a true intelligent conclusion. Seems to me, the people who have commented thus far experianced the show first hand. While I will still hold my opinions until I see both shows first hand, people at the show have made some truly interesting observations. Whether in favor of the Cabs or in disaproval towards the adjudicators judging them. Based on the current overwhelming response towards the Cabs, I'm going to listen more intently towards what the people who were at the show .and as it seems there were people at the show who may not have been pro anyone also seeing a problem with the spread or even total end result.... I'm totally anxious to see Cabs. The Grand Prix can't get here any sooner.

Great point, Frank.

Great point, Frank.

And to the Bucs credit, they've never reached the "Judged against themselves" stage.