Which is why someone stated in a different thread "the bucs are ruining DCA"

I am starting to agree.

Everyone is complaining about the Bucs being too good and winning everything?? Then praytell, why is there an ENTIRE thread about bringing DCI corps to DCA? Wouldn't that just make the DCA corps that you see currently not winning go even lower in the standings?? Just my two cents.

PS. There's a very good reason why the Buccaneers are so successful in the DCA competition.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the scores were Cabs 74 and Bucs 79, if there would be such outrage and disbelief among those that have Reading fatigue? I think 80 is such a milestone for DCA corps, that it doesn't ring true with some people, even if they weren't at the show. (I wasn't at WW, but I saw them in Bridgeport. Scoring in the 80's is not out of the question if the CABS and Hurcs are both in the high 70's)

And now, conveniently enough, Empire scored ever so neatly in between the three other top 4 corps, even though the other corps in competition scored in the 60's. Just when people were starting to complain that this was another runaway season, Wa-La! Instant competition for Reading! I wonder when MBI will start fitting into the 2 point gap between Empire and Bucs? I guess it will have to be Jamestown. OK, just for fun, here are my predictions fr Jamestown, NY AND Lawrence, MA combined...

Reading 89.9

MBI 87.0

Cabs 86.7

Hurcs 85.9

Empire 85.8

Not sure about the scores, but I bet this will be the ranking.

I think its just an attempt to add some excitement or a "Who will win?" factor.

For me, I believe the story is already written. I think there is an obviously difference between one corps and the rest.

I know, i know.... "its not over til.... "blah blah or "Thats not an insurmountable spread". All true, but again, this is just one

drum corps fans belief.

I think the only excitement will be 2-5, but first is pretty much there for the best prepared corps.

I think its just an attempt to add some excitement or a "Who will win?" factor.

For me, I believe the story is already written. I think there is an obviously difference between one corps and the rest.

I know, i know.... "its not over til.... "blah blah or "Thats not an insurmountable spread". All true, but again, this is just one

drum corps fans belief.

I think the only excitement will be 2-5, but first is pretty much there for the best prepared corps.

Not trying to be snipey, however have you seen Reading in competition this year? I have not, and would be interested in your take on things. Not much is being said on these boards about the Bucs. A few folks seem to grudingly agree that the Bucs have won their 3 shows to date, however a few folks have them in second to the Cabs. Nobody even bothered to post their perceptions from the Grand Prix. The one thread that was opened, was closed shortly thereafter with no replies. There is a thread to predict Jamestown but nothing to offer thoughts on Lewisburg. Perhaps it's the new strategy...."maybe if we ignore the Bucs, they will simply go away". Perhaps it's Reading fatigue syndrome. Other than one or two posts, and reports from a few aquaintances who have seen the Bucs in competition, folks here don't seem to be particularly impressed. BTW, the folks I know who have seen the Bucs, have already conceded them the season.... Edited by VOReason

Not trying to be snipey, however have you seen Reading in competition this year? I have not, and would be interested in your take on things. Not much is being said on these boards about the Bucs. A few folks seem to grudingly agree that the Bucs have won their 3 shows to date, however a few folks have them in second to the Cabs. Nobody even bothered to post their perceptions from the Grand Prix. The one thread that was opened, was closed shortly thereafter with no replies. There is a thread to predict Jamestown but nothing to offer thoughts on Lewisburg. Perhaps it's the new strategy...."maybe if we ignore the Bucs, they will simply go away". Perhaps it's Reading fatigue syndrome. Other than one or two posts, and reports from a few aquaintances who have seen the Bucs in competition, folks here don't seem to be particularly impressed. BTW, the folks I know who have seen the Bucs, have already conceded them the season....

Its doubtful anyone will present further reviews. I was at the Grand Prix, but shy from getting ostracized for my opinion, I'm simply going to say it was a great evening for a drum corps show. The weather was fantastic. So were the kids on the field. Glad I made the 3 hour trek.

I get the feeling I could lapse into a coma for three years... re-awaken.... and still find people posting on this "Wildwood Reviews" thread. :tongue:

Didn't you know Fran? This is actually the 2007 Wildwood review thread!

:tongue:

Its doubtful anyone will present further reviews. I was at the Grand Prix, but shy from getting ostracized for my opinion, I'm simply going to say it was a great evening for a drum corps show. The weather was fantastic. So were the kids on the field. Glad I made the 3 hour trek.

KIDS!!!!! OMG has sr. ( all age changed in the past few years)

KIDS!!!!! OMG has sr. ( all age changed in the past few years)

I saw few adults on the field.. Cabs, Bucs and Bush seem very young. Shy from a few grey heads, looked like they were all teenagers. In fact if either so saw it fit... I could see them fit in to the ranks of DCI with little change of membership.

I saw few adults on the field.. Cabs, Bucs and Bush seem very young. Shy from a few grey heads, looked like they were all teenagers. In fact if either so saw it fit... I could see them fit in to the ranks of DCI with little change of membership.

I thought last year seemed quite young....WOW

Here's a thought. Be better than the Bucs. Corps need to raise their game instead of waiting for the Bucs to fall. May the best corps win, even if its the same corps every year.