La Crosse Tribune story on the Blue Stars

There was a nice story on the Blue Stars posted online by the La Crosse Tribune today. It is interesting that a local paper actually dedicates a resource to following a drum corps through the summer. Nice job Tribune.

Story here

A photo from Saturday's performance can be found on the Tribune's web site. So, for the curious, the new uniforms can be viewed.

Edited by mcjordansc

I did, but was asked to take it down.

By who? Ive been told the uniform is 'fair game' now..

I did, but was asked to take it down.

If the image was posted in a venue meant for public consumption, there is no reason to attempt to censor it. It was posted to a newspaper's official Web site and is therefore fair game for the public. Were this an issue, the corps should not have allowed the report in the first place. Asking that the link be removed was, pardon the poor pun, BS.

:P

To my count, we have worn the full uniform in public 5 times. We have never asked the people watching us perform to not take photos or post them online. In fact, I know of at least three photos out there right now.