The OFFICIAL 2010 Bluecoats Thread

Can't wait, I'll get to see them tomorrow night in Bowling Green. Great job so far! And Ken, I love the Rodney reference.

How is the Mackey Piece they play, I don't have a FN account anymore (Cant afford to Renew it :()

Oh man... It's awesome! :sad: It's the piece I've been looking forward to the most out of every corps, but I was a bit skeptical that it could be pulled off and work well with drum corps. I'm proud to say that I was completely wrong. If you're not a fan of Mackey, or more specifically Asphalt Cocktail, then you probably won't like it. But if you are, well, it's killer.

Edited by cmathis

My favorite show of the seaosn so far! BLOO!

Tied with Crown for my favorite so far. Can't decide which one I like better. It is one awesome show!

OK - so i broke down and signed up for Fan Network... just watched Louisville and REALLY dig the show. It'll be interesting to see what changes lie ahead but overall the corps is off to maybe the best start ever. Drum line looks on track to be a contender - same with brass - and the guard book may be the best written program the corps has ever had. Max it out Bluecoats. Eat healthy, get rest, don't get hurt and rehearse like a machine.

I'm stoked.

Six Words.

Edited by KFanti

I well recall the winter when Blue announced they would do Asphalt. A link was provided...and I absolutely hated it. I still don't care for hearing that work in a 'flat' recorded version. To me, it had (and has) little to recommend it.

But in the Bluecoats show...it's fabulous. It's 3 dimensional - each cluster of the work is staged in such a way that it is actually more understandable...and hence more melodic and harmonic, than in the dense and flat versions available on line. I suppose if I heard blue playing it on the internet, I'd dislike it - but that's just a guess.

Live, on the other hand - it's glorious!

This is a not to be missed show, folks - Asphalt is only the final 3 minutes of a great show. Special acknowledgement of the 2nd production number, where the tubas have a feature...check out the Eb major chord near the end. Each time I hear it I'm speechless -