The OFFICIAL 2010 Bluecoats Thread

I just watched the Louisville show on FN. Why do I have this sneaking suspicion Bloo might break into the top 3 this year?

I watched the on-demand video tonight, and I can honestly say I have no idea what they're trying to portray or how. I have no idea what "Metropolis" means with this show. The music is discordant, jagged and punchy.

But they do it so well, and with such a great understanding of an underlying funky beat to it, you can't help but like it. I may have to use both feet to tap along with it, but my goodness is that a catchy and entertaining program. :sleeping: And they work in such great little touches - a horn snap here and there, just a *little* movement here that reorients everyone - that they come off looking incredibly slick and professional. I know there's been no doubt the last few years, but this is clearly a "big boy" program in design and execution. Even if I'm still not sure what I'm supposed to be taking from it!

Mike

Well said Mike, I agree 100%. Let me add that they are incredibly clean right now, and that scares me. We've seen this before from the Bluecoats, out of the gate very strong only to fizzle out come late July. Let's all hope they don't peak early this year.

I hear that a LOT in reference to ANY corps that comes out strong in June - "hope they don't peak too early". I hope they peak and STAY there for the last 5 weeks of the season. Max out every show and win DCI with a 100.05

there i said it.

I know that 07 was disappointing at the end but it's still one of the Bluecoats best remembered seasons- NOT because they "peaked at Quarters" but because they were incredible all summer. I am certain that the staff and mgmt LEARNED something from that summer and has planned every detail of this season to maximize the talent of THIS corps membership. Looks to me like all guns are firing this time. Brass and perc are clearly in contention and apparently so is the guard! The drill impresses me the most. They are MARCHING and PLAYING - not too much sauntering, scampering and running to sets. It evolves logically and stages the musical production the way drills are SUPPOSED to! It's an exciting show! How about THAT?! Best drill the Bluecoats have EVER had and could be the best visual package of the season when it's done - mirrors included. Congrats to Tim and the visual staff!

28BLOOOOOOO.png

Edited by KFanti

At Ewing NJ last night my son and I Blooooooed at the the intro of the the Bluecoats. The youngsters from a local HS band turned around and looked at us in horror. After a brief explanation, they too were Blooooooing by the end of the show.

I'm cheering for the Bluecoats this season! I even sponsored one of their members :sad:

I just watched the Louisville show on FN. Why do I have this sneaking suspicion Bloo might break into the top 3 this year?

Probably because your instincts might be correct.

I don't see the Bluecoats fading this year. Their show looks to me like it has sufficient complexity and demand to go the distance. I would not be surprised at all to see the Bluecoats in the hunt at Indy for top 3. But we'll see.

I know that 07 was disappointing at the end but it's still one of the Bluecoats best remembered seasons- NOT because they "peaked at Quarters" but because they were incredible all summer.

In my mind, the 07 show is the best Bluecoats have ever done - which seems strange considering the placement is only sort of "average" for the corps over the last several years.

I do not think 2010 will be a repeat of 2007. I've seen all the majors on Fan Network. Based on design and talent, I will be stunned if the Bluecoats lose to anyone other than Cadets, BD and Crown all season. This show is fantastic and by far their best IMO. But, what do I know?

Way to go Bluecoats.