The OFFICIAL 2010 Bluecoats Thread

I posted this same comment in the show thread the other night, but one thing I noticed in the recaps: Bluecoats fall to a 7.6 in a caption they'd won with an 8.1 the show prior...and 8.1 is what Crown scored to win that caption.

I'm thinking it was a bad night, which happens...but when all the pieces hit, it looks like this corps can score this summer. I'm hoping they can keep their foot on the gas and keep climbing.

have seen bloo twice this year, and both times have left me thinking that the ending needs to be more...dunno what more..just more.

have seen bloo twice this year, and both times have left me thinking that the ending needs to be more...dunno what more..just more.

When has any drumcorps not changed their ending by the end of the season? :smile:

It's used as a tactic by most corps now. They purposely design a sort of sub-par ending to start the season with so that two or three weeks before the end of the season they can change it to something more GEish to get a boost in their scores.

Biased as I may be, I'm confident the show provides excellent opportunity for growth throughout the season and plays to the Bluecoats' strengths. Their conditioning is better this year, they have solid veteran leadership, and this is the first year in a while that we've seen a unified artistic direction. (All comments I've made before, I know, but they bear repeating...)

What I'm most happy to see, though, is the attitude among the players: the Six Words have been internalized and are being lived as a core value. THAT'S exciting, no matter the placement after finals.

Ken is right, I'm not being a "naysayer", I just wasn't impressed. You know, just because I marched Bluecoats at one time doesn't mean I automatically have to like them and think they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. To be completely honest, I don't particularly care for their shows hardly ever. It's just not my cup of tea. They are my former corps and I will contintue to support them, but I don't have to like them.

The main problem I had with Saturday's show was that we were sitting kind of low (as was everyone) and I literally couldn't hear the drumline 90% of the time because the freakin' pit was way too loud. And after all the hype on here, Asphalt Cocktail did absolutely nothing for me. Maybe once I see them in Akron, I'll have a different opinion, but until then, my thoughts are still valid.

Okay, I just got back from the Akron show a little while ago where I was able to see the Bluecoats in an actual show setting.

Three words:

Was.

Not.

Impressed.

Don't get me wrong, the drumline plays their butts off (I'm a drum guy) and I'm sure the horns and guard are great, etc., but their show does nothing for me. And Asphalt Cocktail is BORING. Sorry.

I am predicting some re-writing in the Bluecoats' future. After looking at the recaps (which were everywhere) their subcaptions are a bit of a concern. Right now in GE and Brass (possibly one more caption), their composition (the "what") is scoring lower than their performance (the "how"). Basically, the judges are claiming that they are out performing parts of their show... the recipe for peaking early.

Okay, I just got back from the Akron show a little while ago where I was able to see the Bluecoats in an actual show setting.

Three words:

Was.

Not.

Impressed.

Don't get me wrong, the drumline plays their butts off (I'm a drum guy) and I'm sure the horns and guard are great, etc., but their show does nothing for me. And Asphalt Cocktail is BORING. Sorry.

I don't post here often, not even every year, but...

If you "bleed blue" then STOP BEING OVERLY NEGATIVE TOWARDS THE CORPS. Not that you shouldn't be entitled to your opinion, but the way you are expressing it is a shame to your signature. We all get it, electronics, Bb horns, new sounds; none of which you like, and nothing like it was back in '86.

IMHO - This is the best Bluecoats ever, and they are only going to get better from here.

Agree with chris ... There are better places for you to express your dislike for your corps - sure you have every right, but this just kinda makes me sad-- I didn't care for 08, or 09 all that much, but I didn't go on the offensive about it-