Alliance & Corps Vets Performances

Why yes they did! I forget to review that.

CV blew Alliance away in this category.

I agree with this. Alliance needs to fix this! It does seem that CV has taken serious efforts to fix their weaknesses (percussion) and Alliance has decided to keep their's (guard).

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, noticed that both groups have some holes. It looks like CV are marching a little over 40 horns and Alliance - when full - will be marching around 48-50. Both percussion sections look a little bigger and the guards are about the same, it would appear. That means both groups have grown since last year! I think that is the best news of all... considering all of the sad news we have heard in the off season.

Edited by BOSMarcher

CV just sounded tired at the end, and I do not think it was because their drill was more demanding.

I gotta tell ya, I sure am tired at the end of the show. It's fun and a total work out for the performers and the fans (you should see the "guns" I've developed from conducting this thing :tongue: )

- opening statement starts at 112 and kicks up to 172

- 2nd movement starts at 170 and backs off to 160

- 3rd movement is 168

- 4th movement (aka ballad) is 80'ish

- percussion feature / horn feature is 144 (not on the field yet)

- closing statement is the same as the opening statement (360, get it :devil: )

And we're on the move alot !

Seriously though, I'm a founding member of the corps and have been on the field with CV for 13 straight years. This is the most demanding show we've ever done. We have been, and continue to work on conditioning. Any fatigue issues present now will be gone in short order.

We've stepped up our game in all areas this year. You guys are really going to enjoy the final product. I can't wait until you get to see the total package !!!

Edited by MHFontaine