Rochester Show / July 3rd

Thanks to all the Corps and fans who came out to the Rochester Show! It was a great night. Sad that we did lose a member for the season who broke her ankle in the first few sets of the show and then FINISHED the entire production to the very end. Wow... what a strong young lady!!

Sorry that she'll have to sit out the rest of the season, but apparently she displayed both courage and fortitude. A champion in the truest sense of the word.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rochester was a wonderful show. All corps, competing and non did great presentattions. My Scout House arrived in the parking lot two minutes before we had to go on and there was no time for a warmup. We came straight from a parade that morning in Warren, PA, changed back into sweaty uniforms enroute and rushed to the field. You may have noted that we waited for one of snares and a cymbalist who arrived from the other side of back field. Thank you to the announcer who said, 'I thought that I would never say this again, but Scout House, are you ready to go Off The Line?' Yes, we start at the 0 yard line again. Thank you to the crowd for a wonderful reception. And thanks Kevin.

Statesmen, you were awesome. No Tom, we did not get new instruments. Same old ones. Just playing better.

See you in Lewisburg in two weeks.

Thanks

Val

Drumline, Scout House

P.S. Just got home at 10:45 pm. We did a parade at 1pm in Adarondaquot (sp?). The lineup at the border took two hours to get through, but we were processed very quickly through customs (coming and going).

Rochester was a wonderful show. All corps, competing and non did great presentattions. My Scout House arrived in the parking lot two minutes before we had to go on and there was no time for a warmup. We came straight from a parade that morning in Warren, PA, changed back into sweaty uniforms enroute and rushed to the field. You may have noted that we waited for one of snares and a cymbalist who arrived from the other side of back field. Thank you to the announcer who said, 'I thought that I would never say this again, but Scout House, are you ready to go Off The Line?' Yes, we start at the 0 yard line again. Thank you to the crowd for a wonderful reception. And thanks Kevin.

Statesmen, you were awesome. No Tom, we did not get new instruments. Same old ones. Just playing better.

See you in Lewisburg in two weeks.

Thanks

Val

Drumline, Scout House

P.S. Just got home at 10:45 pm. We did a parade at 1pm in Adarondaquot (sp?). The lineup at the border took two hours to get through, but we were processed very quickly through customs (coming and going).

Your horns indeed, were much better... and that huge battery was darn good too.. Some might not think about it, but in the heat especially, having the brass in tune with the glocks (Bugle Bells) is pretty hard to do...

no problem with the Indian names - it's Irondequoit - at one time after Cru left Hilton - we were the Irondequoit Crusaders... (early 60's prior to the '65 merger super corps)

I've heard these guys every year since 2006. You'd think I'd recognize all the songs now. What do they finish their color pre with after the company front when the rest of the color guard comes up and dips their flags?

Love your review, Kevin. Thanks a bunch!

The "finale" of the Scout House Colour Presentation is "The Maple Leaf Forever". Just as you mention in your thread two before this one.