Postcard from the UK

Thought I'd share some photographs taken at our first competitive show last weekend........

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2432...mp;l=1c76a537e5.

Good luck everyone for the coming season...... :laughing:

CB

Lookin' good! Can't wait to see and hear you guys 'up close and personal'.

Best of luck to the Scouts for the season.

Ray

Hey Zorf,

The stadium was in Cudworth, a picturesque part of South Yorkshire near Barnsley.

The show was run by BYBA (British Youth Band Assoc.) and they have their own scoresheets

We scored 66.3 in 1st place, I have no idea how this would translate into DCA scores

The running track wasn't too bad, but it probably lessens the overall impact of the performance, especially for the smaller units, but in the absence of good High School stadia over here which you have an abundance of in the States, we usually have to make do with Athletics grounds.

At DCUK finals however, we usually manage to get a Football (soccer) stadium which is much more intimate for the spectators.

DCE (european circuit) finals are held at a great soccer stadium in Kerkrade Holland.

CB

Hey Zorf,

The stadium was in Cudworth, a picturesque part of South Yorkshire near Barnsley.

The show was run by BYBA (British Youth Band Assoc.) and they have their own scoresheets

We scored 66.3 in 1st place, I have no idea how this would translate into DCA scores

The running track wasn't too bad, but it probably lessens the overall impact of the performance, especially for the smaller units, but in the absence of good High School stadia over here which you have an abundance of in the States, we usually have to make do with Athletics grounds.

At DCUK finals however, we usually manage to get a Football (soccer) stadium which is much more intimate for the spectators.

DCE (european circuit) finals are held at a great soccer stadium in Kerkrade Holland.

CB

I'd love to check out the DCE finals some day. But I have a hard enough time convincing the wife to let me attend shows here in the States! Good luck and I'm looking forward to seeing your corps in Rochester.

Thanks Curt for your support.

I've yet to go to a DCE finals, so it's going to be a pretty interesting year for me.......

It's a year for firsts matey - 1st time at DCE, 1st time at DCA, 1st time marching! (in 20 years that is! :sad: )

Sunday was great experience, the years just seem to fall away (although I dont remember it being that physical!) - I even got a bit nervous on the back line!!