La Crosse Tribune reporter concerned there will be slotting. LOL.

Did I count 16 tubas? Looks awesome so far!

I like that he doesn't spend half the article explaining what drum corps is. I also like that there are 2 other stories about Blue Stars. Gotta love LaCrosse.

He's been writing stories about the corps since at least 02 or 03, so he probably figures folks have enough background by now.

A popular myth is popular?

Mindblowing. :tongue:

Slotting isn't a myth, it's the natural grouping and positioning of corps as they compete. Somehow it's developed a reputation for being a grouping or positioning process that is done with malice, bias, or pre-figured all of which is silly nonsense. Not everyone can get 1st place.

Slotting isn't a myth, it's the natural grouping and positioning of corps as they compete. Somehow it's developed a reputation for being a grouping or positioning process that is done with malice, bias, or pre-figured all of which is silly nonsense. Not everyone can get 1st place.

thats wrong. everyone can get the same score chances are like 1/1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 but still possible

He's been writing stories about the corps since at least 02 or 03, so he probably figures folks have enough background by now.

He was covering the corps since at least the mid 80s -

Is there another corps that gets regular newspaper coverage like the Blue Stars do with the La Crosse Trib?

Great article. Marched with Memphis Blues in Lacrosse many years ago. We also did a parade there. Great fans and super enthusiastic crowd as I remember. But I also remember we froze our b*tts off in those cold basement showers of the school that hosted us. brrrrrrrrrr

Edited by musclebud

We are WAY beyond a " myth " of slotting when 7 Corps Directors are proposing that DCI codify group slotting into the DCI By Laws, then implement such group slotting, then market it, and finally... financially reward such group slotting within the World Class Division of DCI. The coup de gace is that under such a group slotting system as proposed, there would be judges hand selected by the group for their group slotting system.

But getting back to this La Crosse, Wisc. Tribune coverage,... it is wonderful for the Blue Stars to have such an on going favorable press treatment in their community newspaper. Most Corps can only dream of what it would be like to have the local press so much in their corner like this. It's like free advertisement. And good for them. I wish the Blue Stars well in their opening competition tonite. It is great to see one of the top Corps in the early years of DCI bounce back and be on the rise again like they are.

Edited by BRASSO