Bridgeport Reviews - Post them here!

You hit the nail on the head right from the start. It has been interesting and entertaining. Some views I agree with. Others I don't. It's still fun has hell. I don't think anyone is emotionaly damaged or loosing sleep over this review/thread. I'm always interested in other peoples thoughts. Even the ones I don't agree with. I didn't agree with the OP. 100% of time but I give him two thumbs up for sharing his honest thoughts. :sleeping:

And that's the point... this thread is (at this point) about letting people speak their minds.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you taught somebody, you're qualified to judge. And I'm going totally on comparisons with those who have and do judge.

Plus (Old School Warning) - it wasn't that long ago that show sponsors had a little pull. Micky Petrone would send the word around that we might lose sponsors if "entertainment" isn't rewarded. Oddly, the next week the judges liked the "entertaining" corps more than the "sophisticated" corps. (Is it fair? I don't know, is any of this fair?)

So now someone will will say, "Oh sure, you just want a 'clap' show." To that I say, not necessarily... but how well are these "Golf Clap" shows working for the $how $ponsors?

That's why the Ray Fallons of the world need to be heard.

The Ray Fallons of the world have never had any problem being heard. Ask the Hurricanes, or the Bridgemen, or .... oh you get it...

Never worried about my voice being left int he crowd. Just trying to have a little fun and occasionally try to make some pointless point.

Can't dance.

And obviously he didn't get that from her. :sleeping:

HA HA. Your a funny cat. I can tell already that you grew up on original Buggs Bunny cartoons like myself.

C'mon, we need more free speech, not less.

Keep the reviews coming. We should encourage more reviews and we should blast back more if necessary.

If you do a review with opinions be ready to back them up. Heck, a guy a like Sayre IS qualified to judge DCA. Heck, Ray Fallon should judge DCA. Why not? Right now it's the same judges who go from DCA to HS band shows to Winter Guard; that's a pretty diverse population of fans. The judges need to know what the paying customer thinks.

I even think all the judges tapes should be put on DCP within minutes of each show - THEN have the judges answer to DCP readers. The number of hits on this site would explode. Again, why not? We watch slow-motion, multi-angle replays of every blown call in every other sport.

Again, why not? The same team has won every competition under the DCA banner the past 6 years; let the judges explain it... we aren't worried about upsetting the "competitive integrity of the institution" are we? What competition? Free and open discussion might help the next team get good enough to win one of these decades. (by the way, Empire has their best corps since '98).

It doesn't have to be all controversial - it might even be educational (it might also be really, really mind-numbingly boring).

This activity will disappear in our lifetime if we don't spice it up a little.

Sincerely,

TA

(not affiliated)

Free speech? Are you talking about that annoying 1st amendment thing. Stop that already.

C'mon, we need more free speech, not less.

Keep the reviews coming. We should encourage more reviews and we should blast back more if necessary.

If you do a review with opinions be ready to back them up. Heck, a guy a like Sayre IS qualified to judge DCA. Heck, Ray Fallon should judge DCA. Why not? Right now it's the same judges who go from DCA to HS band shows to Winter Guard; that's a pretty diverse population of fans. The judges need to know what the paying customer thinks.

I even think all the judges tapes should be put on DCP within minutes of each show - THEN have the judges answer to DCP readers. The number of hits on this site would explode. Again, why not? We watch slow-motion, multi-angle replays of every blown call in every other sport.

Again, why not? The same team has won every competition under the DCA banner the past 6 years; let the judges explain it... we aren't worried about upsetting the "competitive integrity of the institution" are we? What competition? Free and open discussion might help the next team get good enough to win one of these decades. (by the way, Empire has their best corps since '98).

It doesn't have to be all controversial - it might even be educational (it might also be really, really mind-numbingly boring).

This activity will disappear in our lifetime if we don't spice it up a little.

Sincerely,

TA

(not affiliated)

Better yet....let ME explain it. Bucs won every competition for the past 6 years because they were the best DCA corps on the field. And it just may take more than free and open discussion to prevent them from winning this year as well. Perhaps if we were to turn DCA's into a clap show.....

so................How about that Bridgeport show

Hey guys...

Keep those reviews coming! Everyone has a right to their own opinion, at least in this country... at least, for now. ($1 to Michael Savage)

Oh, sorry. That's WAY off topic! :sleeping:

Seriously, though...

We're a very passionate bunch, and nobody can deny it! It's what makes us drum corps folks tick!

Keep the reviews coming! Sayre, and everyone else! As Ray commented... we can take it!

P.S. - Hey DCAforLife...Bridgeport Show was AWESOME!!!

Better yet....let ME explain it. Bucs won every competition for the past 6 years because they were the best DCA corps on the field. And it just may take more than free and open discussion to prevent them from winning this year as well. Perhaps if we were to turn DCA's into a clap show.....

You're a one trick pony ...

How are those "Golf Clap" shows working for ya?

depends on where the show is...same for any corps.