Bridgeport Reviews - Post them here!

The PAL Buccaneers are basically a parade corps. They try to put out a mini show and get their members some experience about playing in front of a crowd. Maybe some people don't appreciate it.........

I believe it was well appreciated by the poster's review......Comments were to the admin.. not the kids..think it was just an honest opinion..not derogatory, not destructive criticism.......in 1967 we started on bugles playing... do ..re..me... well received ...and before you say it .....eventually we played more challenging charts....as we as street kids with no music programs in our schools became better...Thanks Kiwanis Club!!!! :thumbdown: for changing our lives through music..especially drum corps with the drill and discipline and the loyalty..that we still have to this day and as you say experience.....a lifestyle that creates positive attitudes that last a lifetime......have a great year!!! :thumbup:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it was well appreciated by the poster's review......Comments were to the admin.. not the kids..think it was just an honest opinion..not derogatory, not destructive criticism.......in 1967 we started on bugles playing... do ..re..me... well received ...and before you say it .....eventually we played more challenging charts....as we as street kids with no music programs in our schools became better...Thanks Kiwanis Club!!!! :thumbdown: for changing our lives through music..especially drum corps with the drill and discipline and the loyalty..that we still have to this day and as you say experience.....a lifestyle that creates positive attitudes that last a lifetime......have a great year!!! :thumbup:

If I win one of those 50 million lotto max, I am giving SO MUCH money directly to music departments, not the government to disperse, not the principal to hand out, but directly to the music directors of local area schools. Music in Canadian schools is a joke! The teachers and students do what they can, and do very well, there are some fantastic educators up here, but not the resources to coincide.

So after letting it cool on the windowsill for about a week, I decided to go back and re-read what I had written about this past weekend. And although I hold true that they were my honest opinions, I certainly could have expressed them in a less hurtful way. I feel like I may have been overly brutal to a couple of corps/people, and for that I sincerely apologize.

As a performer I would always love to read someone's honest opinions (be they good or bad) but I know I wouldn't want to be singled out or attacked in this way. So again, I sincerely apologize to those affected by my words. I had no intentions of being hurtful; I suppose I was just REALLY tired and apparently, cranky too.

Please note: I do not take back my critique, however I hereby pledge to be more constructive in my criticisms - AND if I ever come home from a show and am THAT tired, I promise to sleep on it, BEFORE I write my review! Fair enough?

PS - At least Mike got a new nickname out of this whole thing. "Pinball Wizard" - lol. I'm totally borrowing that come marching band season.

Ill totally expect royalties(well me and Pete Townsend) for coining that one.

:tongue:

Ill totally expect royalties(well me and Pete Townsend) for coining that one.

:smile:

Bobby would have used this free publicity to his advantage and we'd be finding a way to create a silver "pinball" head for someone to wear and crash into every one throughout the show

Bobby would have used this free publicity to his advantage and we'd be finding a way to create a silver "pinball" head for someone to wear and crash into every one throughout the show

Brian,

You let the cat out of the bag!!!!!!!

Now what will we do?????

Hype!

I can name a couple of people that the ball would be a perfect fit for too...