84 MADISON SCOUTS- Euph

85,86,87,88,89- MADISON SCOUTS- Baritone

PEACE.

Edited by thirdcoast

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aside from Phantom at the DeKalb run-off in 1982, the controlled decelerando at the end of the show on Finals night (and the attendant hysteria bordering on anarchy) is the most goose-bumping thing I've ever witnessed in drum corps

That was funny. They can complain all they want, but the ring in 88 will always be green.

And if there was a "should've won" that year (not saying Scouts didn't deserve it) it wouldn't have been BD anyway.

82-83 MADISON JR. SCOUTS- Baritone

84 MADISON SCOUTS- Euph

85,86,87,88,89- MADISON SCOUTS- Baritone

I just might ask the dude who started this post, what are you looking for? You can ask me in the open here on DCP. I will tell you why. Cause I think DCP is relevant.

Ill be looking for that response.

PEACE.

The guy you're choosing to take this tone with has written numerous articles on drum corps for publications like Halftime and the DCI magazine. He's also written a book documenting his time as a performer in the Blue Knights. I think it's entirely possible that he would like to finish writing his article before people on here pull every inch of it to shreds instead of having to endure such treatment when the work hasn't even seen completion.

You're misdirecting that attitude. He doesn't deserve it.

The guy you're choosing to take this tone with has written numerous articles on drum corps for publications like Halftime and the DCI magazine. He's also written a book documenting his time as a performer in the Blue Knights. I think it's entirely possible that he would like to finish writing his article before people on here pull every inch of it to shreds instead of having to endure such treatment when the work hasn't even seen completion.

You're misdirecting that attitude. He doesn't deserve it.

No tone intended my man. I try not to come off with a tone. Didnt know you could over the internet. But I was not intending a tone. I will keep working on the edicate here in DCP land.

PEACE.

p.s.- I still am intriged about the opening post. No tone intended. ha, ha.

I seem to recall the video featured a Madison performer who had a really bad accident on the way to the "championship" corps banquet.

Does anyone have any updates on him since that time.

I think that would be an important story to include in anything related to the 1988 Scouts.

And if there was a "should've won" that year (not saying Scouts didn't deserve it) it wouldn't have been BD anyway.

Right on!

As much as i loved BD 88, i recently saw vid clips of BD 88 and i gotta tell ya, they could "play" but BD 88 maybe the most velocityless show ever. Smooth to a fault. I swear if BD had 40 drill sets in their show, Madison, SCV, Cavies and Cadets must've had 200 sets. :tongue:.............

Edited by damjiboo