Cadets '10 vs Suncoast '88

To be honest, watching finals in KC that summer, I find THIS years Cadets "little jimmie" MUCH MUCH more annoying/distracting/notfunny/notcute..

just plain painful to the eye !!! At least with Suncoast, this girl's role did not interfear with the show's performance, and how you viewed the show....

For clarification purposes, I thought the show was alright.... just little Jimmie "got old really fast !!"

Is Little Jimmie more annoying than the lonely kid that couldn't find a girlfriend in Cadets 91 show?

/OT

I like to draw comparisons between completely random corps too. For instance BD 09 and SCV 89.... both had chairs.....both should have placed 2nd ;) :tongue:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes........... due to the fact that that ballplayer -----wasnt in that characttor for the ENTIRE SHOW !!!!!!!!!

Sorry, little Johnny or Jimmy... or whomever he is..... you are distracting.. and Im there to see a drum

and bugle corps show.... not to be distracted with "not so cute" distractions from an adult kid !

To the OP: I thought about Suncoast Sound's 88 show as soon as I saw the "kid" in Cadets' 10 show also. It is very similar, and I was hoping I wouldn't be annoyed by the Cadets' "kid" the way I was back in 88 by Suncoast Sound's "kid". I like Cadets' show much better than I liked Suncoast Sounds, though. Much more accessible and audience friendly imo.

Garfield has a little kid character in their show? Oh lord no. Please no.

Puts me in mind of the absolutely HILARIOUS drunk guy they had in their Western show in 96.

Feh.

Is Little Jimmie more annoying than the lonely kid that couldn't find a girlfriend in Cadets 91 show?

It was cool how he got the girl on finals night!

Watching the show now and, Oh yeah, now I remember that guard representing her dreams. But the rifle line is wearing masks that look like terrorist masks. Very threatening. And the main guard girl is wearing an army helmet. And the whole corps formed a mushroom cloud. Then the Viet Nam war memorial comes up. Music changes from sharp and threatening into that beautiful ballad.

And those last three hits as her "world ball" rolls away in the Kansas breeze.

It don't have proof that your theme is wrong, G, but the show definitely has war overtones...and that mushroom cloud is a dead-giveaway for the cold-war times back then.

They are metaphors. Having friends that helped design that show, I know what they were trying to convey and succeeded.

G

I saw the Cadets at Stillwater, and I was reminded of the Suncoast '88 show within the first half minute. I actually love that show, it's one of my faves. As I recall they scrapped their show halfway through the season, made up the crazy one real quick, and managed to pull off a top 12 placement - an amazing accomplishment! This year's Cadets show was the first Cadets show I've seen in many years that I really liked, btw (though I liked Suncoast '88 better).

I saw the Cadets at Stillwater, and I was reminded of the Suncoast '88 show within the first half minute. I actually love that show, it's one of my faves. As I recall they scrapped their show halfway through the season, made up the crazy one real quick, and managed to pull off a top 12 placement - an amazing accomplishment!

Was that not 1989?