Championship-Type Shows

The only one i have seen is Boston. Boston mixes the old with the new and has a demanding show design all around.

This year should be interesting. No one deserves it more than Boston.

:sad:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only one i have seen is Boston. Boston mixes the old with the new and has a demanding show design all around.

This year should be interesting. No one deserves it more than Boston.

Umm, I can think of about 2 other corps who do. One from Ohio and the other from the Carolinas.

I had a chance to see Boston last night in Fort Edward and they could be a real surprise this year. Easily my favorite show of the night. The build through the ballad to where the power is unleashed had me pumping my arm as they hit it. That will be the one moment in that whole show I will remember this year.....at least until the Rome show in August

Umm, I can think of about 2 other corps who do. One from Ohio and the other from the Carolinas.

Umm.... Boston is in Massachusetts, not Ohio or the Carolinas. duh :wub:

And, out of the "finalist corps", which one is the newest to making finals? :sad:

So far, I'd only say Crown, Cadets and BD have championship caliber shows this year. Cadets are probably my favorite. That show is so cool. Love Crown's guard, brass, drill and music. BD's visuals are cool, but I'm not a fan for the music.

Cadets 05 with Dancer was one of these moments. Such precision from the drumline and guard, the guard character interacting with the drumline.

Cadets 98 toilet bowl and Canterbury ballad, with the double flags. That show had such COLOR from the silks.

(a lot of obvious ones have already been mentioned, esp. Phantom 08's stab)

This year, I haven't seen anything live. I've watched Cadets FN twice, BD and Crown once.

I dont choose Cadets for the fact that the firs time I saw it, I knew without a doubt they were gonna be awesome and take it all......the entire show was chock full with "moments" that made it special and on another level. One of the greatest shows of all time.

G

Cadets 93...saw em at Hershey, and after the tenor feature, I said "this show will win DCI"