BLUE STARS 2010!

Watched them practice the two days after Allentown. This corps is awesome.

I'll just say they still have some stuff up their sleeve that they weren't able to put in for Clifton. So they had "half" a new ending. I won't say anything but the new ending = more brass playing = one more great mellophone moment :thumbup:

plus some other stuff...

Totally understand why you don't want to say will happen, and I like that b/c I want to be surprised. However, can you tell us if we need to focus our attention to a particular part of the field so we don't miss that 'something else'? The old ending I saw in Gadsden and Atlanta it was very easy to miss the effect on the left side with the guard b/c the corps drew your attention.

The only corps that has surprised me (in a good way) this season is the BLUE STARS!!! I couldn't make it past the 2:30 mark on the DCI Fan Network! WOW!!!!

MELLOS

Good corp. But Boston will be right up there should be close.

Totally understand why you don't want to say will happen, and I like that b/c I want to be surprised. However, can you tell us if we need to focus our attention to a particular part of the field so we don't miss that 'something else'? The old ending I saw in Gadsden and Atlanta it was very easy to miss the effect on the left side with the guard b/c the corps drew your attention.

I don't think you will have a problem with focusing. Your comment about the version of the show you saw in Atlanta is spot on. You are focused on the brass and drums on the right and may miss the action on the left. The new ending should take care of that. DISCLAIMER: I haven't seen anything yet!

Good corp. But Boston will be right up there should be close.

Boston is a very good corps, but I would be surprised if they were close to the Blue Stars this week.

Blue Stars have been consistantly producing products I love for the last few years now.

They are certainly one of my favorite corps in the activity. What a great group of people.

Blue Stars have been consistantly producing products I love for the last few years now.

They are certainly one of my favorite corps in the activity. What a great group of people.

I'm also glad to see them back in the elite of world class but I really really hope they go back to BLUE! These uniforms are just terrible! I won't call them the Grey Stars again because of all the whiners who couldn't take a joke but please please go back to Blue and White!

It was great to read through all the love for this year's show again when this thread popped back up. I actually didn't care too much for Le Tour or The Factory, but this show totally won me over from the beginning of the season. I do have an observation/question about the mello book, though. Have they simplified some of the runs? The Allentown VOD was pretty overwhelmed with their amps, but from what I could hear, the mello part in Nixon in China was not quite as run-filled as I remember. Am I on crack?

Yeah, definitely noticed the watering in the Allentown video... its that time of year i guess.

Edited by AlexL