BLUE STARS 2010!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Alright, now I know this thread is old and past but I'm still going to post. Absolutely amazing!!In the top three of my all time favorite shows due to the awesome brass sound......unbelievable......those mellos............they sound as good as Phantoms mellos in "08 and '09.The brass kinda reminds me of Carolina Crown's amazing brass sound, especially as Crown one their first title last month. Houdini is.....well I really can't say anything that everyone else has already done........right around 4:45 the volume level is just insane,...the ballad was gorgeous as well.....I can never get almost all the way through listening to Houdini on cd because I"m constantly rewinding the track to replay some parts over and over again.

• Like 1

They had a Donnie Van Doren style brass team there then. That system is like running the wish bone offense. People can get impatient cuz it's not a flashy pedagogy even though it very much works. No, space chords or the like. So, a change was made after an off year in 2011. I'm really not sure of the specifics. It's sad cuz that brass staff was stellar.

Double post.

Edited by Cadets98

They had a Donnie Van Doren style brass team there then. That system is like running the wish bone offense. People can get impatient cuz it's not a flashy pedagogy even though it very much works. No, space chords or the like. So, a change was made after an off year in 2011. I'm really not sure of the specifics. It's sad cuz that brass staff was stellar.

Yeah, that was a mistake, imo. Dont know why that change was made, brass was working for them. Oh well.