Oswego We Go

Sorry Pio mom - I must disagree. I'm a Teal parent:) Seriously, it will be interesting to see how those two corps fare tonight. Teal has been rehearsing for the past 6 days in Michigan City with great weather and facilities. My daughter tells me things went well:) So they should be ready for tonight too. Good Luck to all!

OOPS! Let's try that again. Sorry about that previous post.

And we had them at the beach, filled their bellies with Perch, Salmon & Trout. Tomorrow, they'll be at the stadium again from 2 - 10.

It's been alot of fun having them here. Great group of kid's & staff.

Saturday, they'll be in the parade & their first appearance in the Pageant of Drums. They are excited to see the stadium packed. Backside stands full this year too.

Mike

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish I could make it out to this one but I've got college classes.

OOPS! Let's try that again. Sorry about that previous post.

And we had them at the beach, filled their bellies with Perch, Salmon & Trout. Tomorrow, they'll be at the stadium again from 2 - 10.

It's been alot of fun having them here. Great group of kid's & staff.

Saturday, they'll be in the parade & their first appearance in the Pageant of Drums. They are excited to see the stadium packed. Backside stands full this year too.

Mike

Thanks Mike for taking care of them this week! My daughter said the salmon was delicious - and they so enjoyed that night off! I'm anxious to see them again - will have to wait on the broadcast on the 10th. Go Teal!

Thanks Mike for taking care of them this week! My daughter said the salmon was delicious - and they so enjoyed that night off! I'm anxious to see them again - will have to wait on the broadcast on the 10th. Go Teal!

Nothing like the Lobster Tail and Filet Pio had last night! It was incredible!!!Go get em PIO!!!!! Great weather all week, but throw in a couple of shows too! It is going to get interesting that is for sure....... new things on the horizon.

Cavaliers 79.1

Madison 74.3

Glassmen 74.2

Colts 70.05

Teal Sound 69.0

Pioneer 67.4

Racine Scouts 62.1

Colt Cadets 19.8

I'm down for this :thumbup:

I watched the Glassmen last night at Clinton Prairie high school where I help teach the marching band. The Clinton Prairie kids got to sit in and watch all of G-men's ensemble there at their football stadium.

From what I understand, the guard has recently revamped a lot of (if not all) the ballad work.

Along with that, supposedly the drumline got new stuff for the opener.

Overall, those two things are settled pretty nicely into the show now.

The brass is quite loud (I noticed this last week at Normal) and sounds fantastic at very high volume levels.

The drums are taking their new parts just fine it seems.

The staff said they had a fantastic ensemble yesterday and so I think they'll see some good results tonight.

Just thought I'd share.

As I always do...GOOD LUCK to ALL the corps tonight...but as usual GO GMEN!!!! This is turning out to be a tight race this year. Who's going to come out over who tonight...Gmen or Madmen???? lol

I watched the Glassmen last night at Clinton Prairie high school where I help teach the marching band. The Clinton Prairie kids got to sit in and watch all of G-men's ensemble there at their football stadium.

The brass is quite loud (I noticed this last week at Normal) and sounds fantastic at very high volume levels.

Ah, Clinton Prairie. If the corps managed to have a decent ensemble despite the foot-tall grass they should be good to go.

the brassline is enormously loud. Louder than the Bluecoats, at least even with Phantom. I don't know if you could say they sound fantastic when turned up to 11 though- still a lot of individual sounds poking through. For sheer volume intensity though, a very pleasant surprise. Just goes to show what actually keeping a good brass caption head for more than two years does for you.

Cavaliers 79.1

Madison 74.3

Glassmen 74.2

Colts 70.05

Teal Sound 69.0

Pioneer 67.4

Racine Scouts 62.1

Colt Cadets 19.8

Sorry BozzlyB, but you have Teal Sound and Pioneer backwards. Pio - 68.3, Teal Sound - 65. I think that Pioneer is going to start sneaking up on the Colts in the next few shows. Also think that Madison will be a little closer to the Cavaliers, but the Cavaliers will prevail tonight.

Ah, Clinton Prairie. If the corps managed to have a decent ensemble despite the foot-tall grass they should be good to go.

the brassline is enormously loud. Louder than the Bluecoats, at least even with Phantom. I don't know if you could say they sound fantastic when turned up to 11 though- still a lot of individual sounds poking through. For sheer volume intensity though, a very pleasant surprise. Just goes to show what actually keeping a good brass caption head for more than two years does for you.

Not only have they let the sopranos loose...the mellos and baris are putting out some serious sound as well. Given time the ensemble will start blending and lose the single horn hits we've heard so far. We'll see tonight if 4 days has had the desired effect...GOOOOOOO G!