Your 3rd Prediction Thread

Not sure where you going here...a prediction is pretty pointless if you're *not* specific. If you're making a prediction then by definition everyone is a 'lock' for their spot :tongue: As the OP said this is just for fun :)

I know it is just for fun, which is why I avoid certain terms like guaranteed, set or locked....... Heck I would love to see a corp come out of nowhere in the last week and make finals just to make my predictions look as silly as they probably are to begin with.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Carolina Crown

2. Blue Devils

3. Bluecoats

4. Cadets

5. Cavaliers

6. SCV

7. Phantom Regiment

8. Boston Crusaders

9. Blue Stars

10. Blue Knights

11. Madison Scouts

12. Glassmen/Spirit

13. Spirit/Glassmen

14. Troopers

15. Crossmen

16. Colts

17. The Academy

18. Jersey Surf

19. Teal Sound

20. Pioneer

21. Pacific Crest

22. Cascades

23. Mandarins

One prediction.....2010 will record the highest score in DCI history! Book it! :tongue:

Doubtful.

I don't think any one corps is going to be able to dominate the captions like previous 99+ corps.

well ive had BD at the top of all mine and just watched yesterdays VODs and i have a new top runner

Cadets

BD

Crown

Cavies

SCV

Bluecoats

PR

BAC

BS

Glassmen

BK

Madison

Colts or crossmen

Well, here is my annual 4th of July prediction:

1.Blue Devils - From past experience and knowing what this show looks like now, I find it hard to not think that staff will have this show ready to win.

2.Cadets - I almost put them first because the look looks sooooo good right now.

3.Carolina Crown - Maybe they will not have as much room to grow with a visually slightly easier show than the top two.

4.Bluecoats - This show seems too clean right now, but I think it will stay up there.

5.Cavaliers

6.Phantom Regiment

7.Blue Stars

8.Santa Clara Vanguard

9.Boston Crusaders

10.Blue Knights

11.Madison Scouts

12.Glassmen

13.Academy

14.Spirit

15.Colts

16.Crossmen

17.Troopers

18.Pacific Crest

19.Teal Sound

20.Jersey Surf

21.Mandarins

22.Pioneer

23.Cascades

Cadets

Crown

Bluecoats

BD

Cavaliers

SCV

Phantom

Boston

Glassmen

Blue Stars

Madison

Blue Knights

I think it will lay out somewhat like this. My only change might be the colts for BK.

Here's my hope for what will happen.

1. Carolina Crown

2. Bluecoats

3. The Cadets

4. Santa Clara Vanguard (it's possible if they clean drill ...)

5. Blue Devils

6. Boston Crusaders

7. Blue Stars

8. The Cavaliers

9. Phantom Regiment

10. Blue Knights

11. Madison Scouts

12. Troopers

13. Glassmen (so close ...)

14. Crossmen

15. Spirit

16. Colts

17. Teal Sound (I really want them to make Semi's their first year in WC)

18. The Academy

19. Pacific Crest

20. Jersey Surf

21. Mandarins

22. Cascades

23. Pioneer

Blue Devils

Crown

Cadets

Vanguard

Cavaliers

Boston

Bluecoats

Phantom

Blue Stars

Blue Knights

Scouts

Glassmen

Troopers

Crossmen

Academy

Colts

Spirit

Pacific Crest

Surf

Mandarins

Cascades

Teal Sound

Pioneer

Madison?

There are a couple of caveats in the listings I am seeing here.

1. Resetting the judging panels (particularly east of the Mississippi) to the full panels will give us a clearer picture of some of the corps. The first major show with all corps will really set the table.

2. Will Madison's show carry water throuought the entire season? I would LOVE to see them in the Top-12, and they are clearly showing some testicular fortitude in their programing; but I am concerned that the content of the show may not wash with current expectations in the activity.

3. Conversely, can Troopers clean the monster that they have taken into their house? If they can, and IF the judges will give them credit for it; then they can go as far as 11th or 10th...or they could be shut out of Semis. I see this as either/or; without any gray area. (I am concerned about the early season holes...late arrrivals aside, I thought they had this problem solved over there!)

4. I truly think the top-5 are a toss-up that this point. I have rarely seen a season where the scoring is this close in the top slots. (BD, Cadets, Crown in particular...)

In short...this may be the most competitive season I have seen since 1980...

Luvah's 2010 predictions (not having seen any shows till Saturday at Kalamazoo!):

1. Blue Coats-- first new champion since '96

2. Carolina Crown-- they win in semis, but lose in finals and are extremely ###### off.

3. Blue Devils-- They win every show all year but drop to second in quarter finals, and third in semis.

4. Santa Clara Vanguard--they have everyone's favorite show and everyone wonders what they have to do to get out of 4th.

5. Cadets--they have a show no one gets

6. Blue Stars--make a late run w/ a very good show--and get the placement they deserved last year.

7. Cavaliers--they wonder why they switched back to classical music when they should have just stuck with a visual theme.

8. Boston Crusaders--they just barely beat phantom with a late uniform adjustment showing more leg in the color gaurd.

9. Phantom Regiment--good drum line, but bad ensemble visual--still too immature in the horn line.

10. Madison Scouts-- they play Slaughter on Tenth avenue and get the best crowd response of the night.

11. Glassmen-- everyone wants them to lose but they are too clean to be left out.

12. Colts--they sneak in because everyone feels bad about what happened to them last year.

-----

13. Blue Knights-- everyone wants to see them in finals, but they are too dirty to make it.