Has Fieldler really made a difference with SCV?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a lot of people, including myself, would disagree with you on that. Just because they didn't finish on the podium doesn't mean they didn't have championship caliber shows. If you ever think SCV is not, "in the hunt," or, "a threat," then your judgment is completely misguided.

Huh ?? He is one of the few people who has complete common sense and shows good judgement 100% of the time........Which show would you consider "championship caliber" ...??? I get what he means, wont speak for him, but I can guarantee he meant no offense.

G

All of SCV Alumni are waiting to see Santa Clara Vanguard rise back up to the top. They were at one time "Corps of the Decades" - 1970's winning more shows than any other corps during that time. As an alumni that marched during that time, we are wishing much success for the current Vanguard members. Just wondering if Fiedler is making any difference?

While we're on teh subject of Jeff Fiedler, can someone clear this up for me?

I never got the story of why he "retired" from Cavies after so many years, only to pop up immediately with SCV?

What happened?

Thanks!

I never got the story of why he "retired" from Cavies after so many years, only to pop up immediately with SCV?

What happened?

Thanks!

My logical guess:

Fiedler had done just about everything he possibly could with Cavaliers (how much more could he have really done). It's natural for people to reach a milestone in their career, realize they've reached all possible goals, and decide it's time to move on to new challenges. SCV is an organization that at that time had at least three nationally touring/competing ensembles (maybe more, I'm not sure), and he took a position that wasn't just a drum corps director but an organization CEO in charge of a much larger entity: maybe kind of like going from the manager of a Chase bank branch to becoming a regional manager in charge of every Chase bank in the western region.

I don't know how good a job Mr. Fieldler is doing, but Mr. Fiedler is doing a great job at SCV! :tongue:

What happened?

Thanks!

People forget (or may be unaware) that Cavaliers have a position above corps director. Up until 2008, this position was occupied by the "President and still Founder" (har!) Don Warren.

So, Jeff went from #2 at Cavaliers to #1 at SCV.

People forget (or may be unaware) that Cavaliers have a position above corps director. Up until 2008, this position was occupied by the "President and still Founder" (har!) Don Warren.

So, Jeff went from #2 at Cavaliers to #1 at SCV.

Technically yes, but come on, Mr. Warren is hardly more than an honorary at this point in his tenure.

I am simply asking for any Facts that may be known about this?

Thanks

Technically yes, but come on, Mr. Warren is hardly more than an honorary at this point in his tenure.

I am simply asking for any Facts that may be known about this?

Thanks

Don is retired. But even before his retirement, he had the final say on all critical decisions. Nothing "honorary" about it.

What happened?

Thanks!

Why does something have to "have happened"??

Doesn't he have a real job outside of drum corps? Perhaps he moved to California for a better job offer and the gig with SCV was just a fortunate happenstance?

(Bueller?)

Why does something have to "have happened"??

Doesn't he have a real job outside of drum corps? Perhaps he moved to California for a better job offer and the gig with SCV was just a fortunate happenstance?

(Bueller?)

Which is why I asked......:-)