Dublin Downs

Well, I come here to find out what people thought of our show, and all I get is FOOD NETWORK! Jeesh.

We had our largest attendance ever - expecting the final number to be over 4,000.

Concessions were waaayyy backed up at INT. (Note to self for next year).

Timing went off well. Saw some comments about Cavies late to start. They were right on time.

Most shows seemed flat to me (but I was on the track for BS). Crown's visual on the 50 (MM's lying on their backs) was great from the stands.

Madison was awesome, but I'm REALLY missing those G-horns. Short sleeves and gauntlets were nice. Guard was indistinguishable from the corps - got lost.

'Coats were exciting, but Asphalt Highway left me wanting more of Mackey's craziness.

THANKS TO ALL WHO CAME! By all measures it was a success.

Award given to the show director provided by Columbus Pro Percussion was the top two hoops of a marching snare with an engraved plaque glued to the head.

Perfect for hanging in his study.

Been up since 3:30am to meet arriving corps this morning. I'm exhausted. Good night all!

Do you guys eat food at corps shows?

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting to see 'Coats one tenth behind Crown in GE. And kinda' shocked to see Cavies guard where they're at for this point in the season. Granted, we're not quite half-way through, but they've always seemed to be one of their stronger captions throughout the season in the past.

Interesting to see 'Coats one tenth behind Crown in GE. And kinda' shocked to see Cavies guard where they're at for this point in the season. Granted, we're not quite half-way through, but they've always seemed to be one of their stronger captions throughout the season in the past.

Cavies were really Meh tonight, IMO. Saw some flashes of past drill flashes, but not much.

I kept thinking "Where's the power from those horns?"

In-N-Out, while awesome, is yesterday's news. It's all about Five Guys now...

Y'know what's really good at 5 guys? The veggie with everything except cheese. It's a burger without the burger! Really good though, it's not a veggie patty, it's the burger fixin's on a bun, no meat. (mushrooms, LTM, steak sauce, onions, pickles, etc) just fabulous. I get one regular burger and one of those and I'm set.

we'll have to see where other judges put them, I haven't seen crown live but I wouldn't put bluecoats guard anywhere near cavaliers, cavaliers guard is really great, maybe it's the rest of the program holding their score back? or maybe this will fix itself.

I wouldn't put bluecoats guard anywhere near cavaliers, cavaliers guard is really great

tonight's guard judge and myself beg to differ...

Scribe...you got me thinking now.... Maybe it wasn't a Wendy's we ate at.... It might have been McDonald's. I know there was a Taco Bell. Both were right across the street from our rehearsal field at UW-FDL. Somebody told me that field is no more :(

I ate at IN-N-OUT in Vegas....it was good, but I didn't have mega-bugergasms.

I still enjoy Sonic Drive-In.

...and Bojangles and Zaxby's are just as good as Raisin Canes IMO.

That's because it was in Texas...you don't get a good experience at an In N Out unless it's in SoCal baby!