Ogden Onslaught

Thanks! So I guess it wouldn't be new for them, but they obviously have a shot this year. I think the the givens are as follows:

Cadets

Crown

Cavaliers

Blue Devils

Bluecoats

The last three spots are a toss up between:

Blue Knights

SCV

Phantom

Boston

Blue Stars

we'll find out after the Minneapolis show on the 17th! should be very close...probably within 4 points from 1-8.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's also amazing to me is to remember what the Blue Knights went through to get here. I remember so well 1983 because there were the "night/knight" corps all in the same pack: Black Knights, Blue Knights, Nighthawks and Emerald Knights. We were all small but boy did we have spunk! (looking back at scores on corpsreps.com BK scored a 51.7 at finals week that year.) And just look where Blue Knights are now. Who'd have thunk that little rocky mountain corps with spunk would be pushing up on SCV someday!

Congrats indeed! My daughter (from Cascades) was able to watch BK last night and she called me and could not say enough great things about their show. She said it was really exciting and well done. Good luck to you the rest of the way!!!

What's also amazing to me is to remember what the Blue Knights went through to get here. I remember so well 1983 because there were the "night/knight" corps all in the same pack: Black Knights, Blue Knights, Nighthawks and Emerald Knights. We were all small but boy did we have spunk! (looking back at scores on corpsreps.com BK scored a 51.7 at finals week that year.) And just look where Blue Knights are now. Who'd have thunk that little rocky mountain corps with spunk would be pushing up on SCV someday!

Awesome post, I am a history nut, and this is fantastic!!

Wes P

Great news for Blue Knights. Blue Devils show is interesting to me and scoring well, but keep in mind Cadets have not competed in days, and they scored an 84.9 when?, like this past Monday or Saturday? I think Cadets are the front runners, but BD is clearly coming on. Also, can anyone say if SCV has put in their closer yet?

Yes, SCV has their closer on the field. They're clearly lacking in the GE department for about 75% of their show. I watched them rehearse a few days ago and was left slightly underwhelmed. They're not the same SCV - there's no real feeling of unity or ownership of this show. BK deserved the .3 they got. They're good and they know it.

Great news for Blue Knights. Blue Devils show is interesting to me and scoring well, but keep in mind Cadets have not competed in days, and they scored an 84.9 when?, like this past Monday or Saturday? I think Cadets are the front runners, but BD is clearly coming on. Also, can anyone say if SCV has put in their closer yet?

This "who's in front" stuff is pure conjecture anyway...but I guess conjecture is what DCP is all about.

The only sure thing that requires no proof is that the "big dog" is still BD, until someone beats them head to head they are the front runner.

2009 & 2010 Seasons (so far) - 32 competitions - Zero losses (last loss - Aug 2008 by .0125)

You may know continue your imagining!

Edited by Plan9

This "who's in front" stuff is pure conjecture anyway...but I guess conjecture is what DCP is all about.

The only sure thing that requires no proof is that the "big dog" is still BD, until someone beats them head to head they are the front runner.

2009 & 2010 Seasons (so far) - 32 competitions - Zero losses (last loss - Aug 2008 by .0125)

You may know continue your imagining!

Eh. The "big dog" was BD in 2009, absolutely. I think it's unfair to say they are the "big dog" in 2010. Up to this point, the "big dogs" have been BD and Crown, certainly. We will know who wins out when they first meet head to head, but I think it's unfair to go ahead and give this "title" to BD for the 2010 season. At least let Crown share it, as they are also undefeated (and were the next best thing to BD last season).

And wasn't it 0.025? I don't think our judging goes to the ten-thousandths of a point.

Edited by Room_101

BK you're making all alums proud! Keep the pressure on and we'll see ya when ya get home!

In honor of my brothers Wes and Madrid; Get Classical MFBK!

Robb

Mello '96 '97

Wowzer, way to go BK!

Although, as an SCV alum, I will say that it's hard to stomach. Many corps have had their "first time SCV victory" the past few years. I'm just now starting to enjoy (and love) Bluecoat and Crown shows instead of dissecting them with fiery eyes. :whistle:

However, good drum corps is good drum corps, and the best corps should win. So congrats to BK! Can't wait to see your show live in Indy. :thumbdown:

classy post from a SCV alum duly noted, by the way.