Akron, OH show, July 9!

I just checked a TV station for the Akron/Canton weather. They predict thunderstorms until 11 PM tonight. It has been raining lightly for the past couple of hours and looks like an all day rain. I live about 15 miles west of the show site. At least the temperature has dropped to a more comfortable 73. I've got the ponchos packed and still am hopeful that the show will go on.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we'll be ok...according to weather.com it is supposed to stop raining between 5 and 6pm with a slight chance of rain between 8-9pm (20-30% chance).

I've never been to a DCI show in the rain, do they only 'rain out' if their is lightening?

Most corps directors usually call the show off if the field has any chance of causing injury due to the high velocity drills. This is artificial turf so if its wet I doubt the shows will be marched, likely a standstill tonight is my guess.

Most corps directors usually call the show off if the field has any chance of causing injury due to the high velocity drills. This is artificial turf so if its wet I doubt the shows will be marched, likely a standstill tonight is my guess.

I'm leaving now for this show. 170 mi drive! I've had my tickets for months. Will some of you please keep us posted on what's going on with the show? Even a standstill is better than nothing.

Thanks.

Not to mention the mandatory waits when lightning is anywhere in the area. Turf certainly gives the show a good chance to go on if the weather *does* clear.

yeah, its really gonna depend on show sponsors, corps, etc -- the front looks like it could make it through by show time -- a time delay on the show could possibly work if everyone involved in deciding this agrees. Lets all think happy thoughts and hope this happens!

This is from the Bluecoats Facebook page---

Light rain in Akron at the moment, but we think it's going to pass through by 7pm. THE SHOW WILL GO ON! Box office now open! See you there!

Edited by BluecoatsFan

At this point Weather.com radar shows that the bulk of the precipitation will be gone by 6:30 PM. A few scattered showers may appear after that, but I think we will at least have a stand still, and I believe there is a good chance of a full show.

One advantage is that new field drains very well.....modern technology who knew, could be the thing that lets the show go on

At this point Weather.com radar shows that the bulk of the precipitation will be gone by 6:30 PM. A few scattered showers may appear after that, but I think we will at least have a stand still, and I believe there is a good chance of a full show.

Just move it to Miami, I bet you'll be able to have it! :tongue:

WP

One advantage is that new field drains very well.....modern technology who knew, could be the thing that lets the show go on

Ooo that's good to hear, I was worried about that... never know with these new stadiums if they would put in proper drainage or not to keep the roof open -- oops, wrong stadium.... :tongue: