Akron, OH show, July 9!

The judges were from ohio too???? Come on! Crown won me over at Chambersburg but I told the guy next to me their biggest problem will be not to peak to soon. I think all of the body stuff isn't getting the credit they were expecting. They need to add some drill. I think that everybody better watch out for Phantom too! They are marching thier a&& off! I think Crown will bounce back and they will have to do some adding to stay up top! I am sure they will!

I wouldn't worry too much about Crown peaking. As for the show having too much body and not enough drill -- well it *is* easy to overlook a lot things they're doing drill-wise. And I'm sure there's lots of "body" to yet to be added as well.

As for scores I really think there's an effort being made to hold scores down leading up to the regional. Scores were rising too quickly across the board.

Edited by corpsband

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did say, " this could all change on a dime "... maybe you missed that. Crown beat Bluecoats by 3 points on 6/ 21 Their most... its gone up and down from there on Crown's lead over Coats... but tonite Bluecoats beat Crown by over half a point. This could all change tomorrow ( I said as much ). But due to momentum, I 'd say right now that Bluecoats have the best chance to knock off the undefeated Blue Devils if any Corps can. I never mentioned " Finals " at all either. So that's what I said. That's my opinion. I stand by it. You disagree, that's cool too.

yeah Crown won the firsat show big, then the next time they saw each other it was .9, then .6, then .3. The dublin show seemed to be an anomoly since the ensemble music score for Blue was way out of whack with their scoring trend, and they won perc and only lost by .2 to crown in brass. so this win over Crown seemed like the logical progression based on the scores from the previous match ups between these two. But tomorrow it could all reverse. Who knows whats gonna happen, and that's what is going to make this season exciting like it was back in 1990 when all the top corps beat each other during the season and nobody was really sure how the top 5 corps were gonna line up come finals.

I'm excited to see this season play out, and can't wait to see the spread between BK/SCV and Cadets tonight. that should give us an idea of how BD might fall into this whole mess. Right now based on the spreads with Cavaliers, it looks like Cadets are a little bit ahead of Bluecoats and Crown.

I was at the show, and I can tell you Bluecoats were on fire tonight -- I saw them at Dublin and they were better tonight. I think it was a deserved bump up. The crowd was on fire for them too, and it think it kicked them into gear. The key for them is to sustain that when they are not in the home town!

No clarification needed....

This isn't ACC Basketball or SEC Football.

:tongue:

wow...and just think...10 years ago the Bluecoats just squeezed into finals...and finished the season with a score lower than what they earned tonight.

I know that since then they have had some real competitive years, but 10 years ago who would have thought the Bluecoats (and Crown...which finished 11th at finals) would be the corps to beat!?

I guess this just proves that corps CAN win with the right leadership and attitude....kudos!

After seeing the shows tonight, all I know is that Bluecoats are HOT this year.

No question about that. Everybody is suprised here that the Bluecoats would beat the Carolina Crown here in July. Nobody... but nobody.... outside of perhaps the Bluecoats insiders, thought that the Bluecoats would beat the Carolina Crown in competition this year back in the preseason.

Congratulations to the Bluecoats with their win this evening.

This is shaping up as one heck of a season with lots of upsets and surprises already.

I wouldn't worry too much about Crown peaking. As for the show having too much body and not enough -- well it *is* easy to overlook a lot things they're doing drill-wise. And I'm sure there's lots of "body" to yet to be added as well.

I like Crown's show but I really think they are gonna have a problem in the end. I don't think this show will carrier them to the promise land (#1) in the long haul unless they make a lot of changes. Top 3 yes, Just don't know about # 1 when there are several shows with much more demand in them. Just my humble opinion.

And a note on the stadium -- awesome place! I was in the premium seats, well worth it! They fed us a buffet of food, high quality, air conditioned clubhouse area, seats were backed with armrests, and the view and sound were awesome. This is a championship or regional quality stadium. DCI needs to take note of it and move one of those here!

I think you may be right! And that would not be a bad thing at all for the world of drum corps.

And if BD remains undefeated tomorrow, that would not be a bad thing at all for the world of drum corps.