Akron, OH show, July 9!

Why the hole in the Crown snare line?

According to a post earlier today, the young lady in the line is injured with tendonitis and another member may have to step down temporarily for personal reasons. I just wish them the best tonight. I know it may be difficult because they depend on each other. I'm sure they will perform the best they can considering.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they marching or is it a standstill show?

His comment on the lack of movement from Bostons hornline during the drum break makes me think they are Marching.

Sorry for the lack of updates tonight. I have agreat seat on the 7th level which is above the judges right on the 50 so I'm taking pics. Don't know to post them on here from my phone though just to my facebook.

Spirit was impressive from up here. Great form control. The guard seems a bit too spread out away from the corps for much os the show with too much negative space needed filling in. Part of that is caused by the use of the props. Sound was pretty good but clarity not making it up this high.

Madison this definitly a big staduium show. The drill reads much better from up here amd they definitly have lots of field coverage. The unis looked betteer from up here mostly die to seeing more of the white hat but I still am not sold. They didn't wear sunglasses tonight so that was better. Sound didn't reach the box as much as I thought is would. Still a great sound though. I did hear a little more synth in the big moments then I would have liked particularly low end. The guard is much more prominent from up here and were very good. Overall loved his show from here.

Boston seemed a little low on energy from up here. I was so excited the other night by them but not tonight. There is a lot of standing by them during the ballad, drumsolo and even long chords. The drill is very boxy from up here with not as much variety as Madison. Sound seemed to reach up here pretty good with more clarity then the previous two corps. Drum line tended to overbalance much of the show. Guard seemed to havea good night. Overall left me a little flat tonight but I had high expectaions after Dublin show.

His comment on the lack of movement from Bostons hornline during the drum break makes me think they are Marching.

To bad Kevin G was not there.

To bad Kevin G was not there.

He is and posted this on Facebook

Kevin Gamin It seems that @CarolinaCrown found the answer for Bb horns: Brass lacquer. DCI Akrona few seconds ago via Ping.fm \

·

...Kevin Gamin The music of @PhantomRegiment is very beautiful. One of my favorite shows this year. DCI Akron5 minutes ago via Ping.fm

·Kevin Gamin Love the sound of @BostonCrusaders on King horns, but they need a real ending to the show. DCI Akron23 minutes ago via Ping.fm ·

Kevin Gamin The opening of @MadisonCorps really fills the stadium, leaving quite the echo ringing through the stands. DCI Akronabout an hour ago via Ping.fm ·

Kevin Gamin For a show named "Forging an Icon", there is too much forging and little iconic about @SpiritDrumCorps 2010 program.

Kevin Gamin Innovations in Brass drum corps competition

He is and posted this on Facebook

Kevin Gamin It seems that @CarolinaCrown found the answer for Bb horns: Brass lacquer. DCI Akrona few seconds ago via Ping.fm \

·

...Kevin Gamin The music of @PhantomRegiment is very beautiful. One of my favorite shows this year. DCI Akron5 minutes ago via Ping.fm

·Kevin Gamin Love the sound of @BostonCrusaders on King horns, but they need a real ending to the show. DCI Akron23 minutes ago via Ping.fm ·

Kevin Gamin The opening of @MadisonCorps really fills the stadium, leaving quite the echo ringing through the stands. DCI Akronabout an hour ago via Ping.fm ·

Kevin Gamin For a show named "Forging an Icon", there is too much forging and little iconic about @SpiritDrumCorps 2010 program.

Kevin Gamin Innovations in Brass drum corps competition

Thanks all in time for the ending